Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lewis, Allen voice criticism after latest loss
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2015718

SEATTLE -- One of the NBA's major surprises this season, the Seattle SuperSonics tried to squelch signs of dissension Thursday, but didn't convey an overwhelming message of team harmony.

"It's a situation I think you talk out, you get it out and you move on," Seattle coach Nate McMillan said Thursday.

After Wednesday night's 102-95 loss at Detroit, Sonics forward Rashard Lewis told reporters that, "it seems like other guys are on different agendas. Some guys were trying to win, some guys weren't."

Lewis wasn't alone in his criticism. Fellow All-Star Ray Allen complained about his role in the offense and about playing a season-low 28 minutes.

"I'm not getting any looks," Allen said. When asked about his playing time, he said, "You'll have to talk to the coach. I'll tell you, it's a frustrating situation."

On Thursday, Allen said that he and Lewis are the main focus of Seattle's offense, should be taking the majority of the shots and that everyone else plays off of them. As for the playing time, Allen said he felt his minutes in the third quarter have decreased of late.

While Allen brought up concerns with the offense and his shot total, either he or Lewis has led Seattle in scoring in the last 20 games.
That Ray-Ray, he's a real team first kind of guy.

"I'm not getting any looks," Allen said.
What, no snake-bite theories this time? Maybe the dude's just gettin' too old and can't get his shot off like he used to. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And even after ripping us and our style he says he'd come to Chicago to play for the Bulls.

Whore (hôr, h
r)

A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

Ray-Ray, dat u?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts