Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have ESPNU?

Pros/Cons?

Is it a premium channel and something that has to be ordered?

Any background info would be appreciated. I realize I could do some digging on my own but I couldn't find much on ESPN.com other than a schedule, and I hate digging through that site.

Thanks,

·
Registered
799 Posts
UVM Hoop Cat said:
Does anyone have ESPNU?

Pros/Cons?

Is it a premium channel and something that has to be ordered?

Any background info would be appreciated. I realize I could do some digging on my own but I couldn't find much on ESPN.com other than a schedule, and I hate digging through that site.

Thanks,

We get it with BU on campus cable, so I can't tell you anything about ordering it. It is a good station though, I enjoy having it. Lots of mid-major basketball and football. For basketball games specifically though, they don't always have the best guys doing the commentating, and there is something else that seems just a bit off, but I can never quite figure it out. Maybe it is just the effects of having a smaller overall production budget.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have it also. It is very similar to CSTV. I don't no if you have that. I like it alot. It's all college sports. Sometimes, depending on your cable provider, it may not be avalible as part of there line up.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I have it on DirecTV.

I don't watch it much, but I'd probably watch it more if it wasn't "buried" in the nether regions of DirecTV. It's Channel #609 on D-TV, when ESPN, ESPNEWS, ESPN2, ESPNClassic are all in the 205-208 range. I figured they'd put it in the string of ESPN stations, not in the 600s (Cable Sports Networks). It's 609 and CSTV is 610.

I'm told that ESPN is trying to get D-TV to move it to channel 210.

·
Premium Member
33,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent info, thanks fellas.

The reason I ask is because I would really like to see the UCLA/ Temple game tonight but it is on ESPNU, and I had never heard of it before...and then I saw the schedule and it has a lot of other random games I wouldn't mind watching

·
Registered
341 Posts
is ESPN-U on comcast cable? I cant find it :curse:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Blackout - It wasn't on when I was in Boston last. I have digital cable at my new location and its not on here either.

On a side note - I ordered the ESPN FullCourt package on digital cable. Northeastern doesn't have any games on FullCourt :curse: :curse: :curse: :cry: . The Following AE teams do:

11/23 - Bing @ Oklahoma 8pm et
12/18 - UNH @ UCONN 2pm et
12/28 - Stony Brook @ UCONN 7pm et

ESPNU annoys me slightly because it takes games that would have been on FullCourt in years past. Now I can't watch them if they're on the U.

·
Registered
341 Posts
that's stupid that comcast wouldnt carry a station owned by ESPN. CSTV is great, but iwant the U too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts