Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. It was about ten years ago that Greg Lief of the old Blazers List Talk listserv visited me in LA bringing with him my treasured "He's not MyVydas, he's not YourVydas..." T-shirt. We went to see a Clippers T-Wolves (with Terry Porter) game at the Sports Arena, and he was amazed at how primitive it was. The "JumboTron" had about as sophisticated graphics as one of the first GameBoys, and every athlete's face looked identical.

Anyway, how many ex-BLT-ers we got here? I'm familiar with "Ed" "O" and "Hap" (whose name is in fact *a*), but who else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,001 Posts
Should we let people roll call themselves, or should we "out" people?

:)

Ed O.
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
well, I know that CFFI is one, as is Jackie (I think?) and ABM was a lurker there too. And of course, our eternal favorite, Ebott is a BLT'er from waaay back!

BLT is still somewhat active, but mainly because Laurel T still sends out emails once in a blue moon.

Speaking of former BLT'ers, does anyone know what happened to Pat O? I know he was in the military, and iirc, was sent off to Afghanistan?

I haven't heard from him in a LONG time.

btw, I think Greg did some photography for a show on OPB recently (and I think I mentioned that here or on BLT).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasn't "Speed" on the BLT? And isn't NathanLane Speed? Or am I terminally confused?

I, on the other hand, must remained inned. My job as RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman requires that I remain firmly in the closet.

(Oh, and what's OPB?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,411 Posts
meru said:
Wasn't "Speed" on the BLT? And isn't NathanLane Speed? Or am I terminally confused?

I, on the other hand, must remained inned. My job as RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman requires that I remain firmly in the closet.

(Oh, and what's OPB?)
Old Portland Blazers. Other People's Babies. Orange Propeller Beanies. Or maybe Oregon Public Broadcasting.

Me, I was nobody on BLT, I'm just a newbie here.

barfo
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
meru said:
Wasn't "Speed" on the BLT? And isn't NathanLane Speed? Or am I terminally confused?

I, on the other hand, must remained inned. My job as RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman requires that I remain firmly in the closet.

(Oh, and what's OPB?)

I dont know if he was a BLT'er..

OPB= Oregon Public Broadcasting.
 

·
Top Of The Pops
Joined
·
27,472 Posts
I was a BLT'er for a couple of years. It was an enjoyable mailing list, though Laurel and I argued quite a bit.
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
Minstrel said:
I was a BLT'er for a couple of years. It was an enjoyable mailing list, though Laurel and I argued quite a bit.

you know, it's funny..when you sent me an email with your real name..I looked at it and thought "damn..I know that name"..

now I know why!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
Hap said:
Ebott is a BLT'er from waaay back!
Crap! I was planning on piping up and demanding that people get outed and then vehemently denying any involvement in the BLT.

Speaking of going WAAAAY! back. We got any body here that posted on RSBP? Anybody that still posts on RSBP?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,627 Posts
Stuart posted on BLT a few times a long time ago.

I am not the only Janis that posted there.......there is another Janis with that spelling among our numbers here and, in the past, on BLT, too.

I know there are others that are not coming to my mind right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,001 Posts
ebott said:
Speaking of going WAAAAY! back. We got any body here that posted on RSBP? Anybody that still posts on RSBP?
Yep, I posted on RSBP... starting in like 1992 or maybe '93. I stopped after a couple of years (after college) and never really got back into it.

I know that Laurel (and Hap, occasionally) still enjoy the anarchy of the usenet, but I think that it's more the alt.sport.* groups.

Ed O.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,001 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
what is a BLT'er?
Blazers
List
Talk

A mailing list that has been around since at least 1994, and maybe a year or two before that. I think it was called "Blazers Mailing List" or something equally original at first.

It gets about 5 posts a month now because of other outlets for Hap and me to argue, primarily.

Ed O.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ebott said:
Crap! I was planning on piping up and demanding that people get outed and then vehemently denying any involvement in the BLT.

Speaking of going WAAAAY! back. We got any body here that posted on RSBP? Anybody that still posts on RSBP?
I was a one-time member of the all-Trube team, if that means anything to you. (You'd have to have been reading it in about '92/'93. And care about really trivial matters.) I was one of Roy "Pinhead" Navarre's numerous nemises. He outlasted all of them merely by never getting tired of the same schtick.
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
Ed O said:
Yep, I posted on RSBP... starting in like 1992 or maybe '93. I stopped after a couple of years (after college) and never really got back into it.

I know that Laurel (and Hap, occasionally) still enjoy the anarchy of the usenet, but I think that it's more the alt.sport.* groups.

Ed O.
Laurel T is exclusive there, I am about 60-40 here-there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,774 Posts
I was on BLT (as my real name -- Matthew) in 1995 and probably a little in 1996. Mostly I just annoyed Ed with my immaturity (I was starting college as he was leaving). :biggrin: I loved that list. When I saw Ed here I knew it'd be a fun place to be.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
212 Posts
Crazy Fan From Idaho said:
Stuart posted on BLT a few times a long time ago.

I am not the only Janis that posted there.......there is another Janis with that spelling among our numbers here and, in the past, on BLT, too.

I know there are others that are not coming to my mind right now.
That would be me... the other Janis with her name spelled the correct way. I lurk here but rarely post. It's not that I have no opinions, it's just that by the time I get around to reading the hot topics, the moment is long gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
meru said:
I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. It was about ten years ago that Greg Lief of the old Blazers List Talk listserv visited me in LA bringing with him my treasured "He's not MyVydas, he's not YourVydas..." T-shirt. We went to see a Clippers T-Wolves (with Terry Porter) game at the Sports Arena, and he was amazed at how primitive it was. The "JumboTron" had about as sophisticated graphics as one of the first GameBoys, and every athlete's face looked identical.

Anyway, how many ex-BLT-ers we got here? I'm familiar with "Ed" "O" and "Hap" (whose name is in fact *a*), but who else?
Speaking of that shirt... :banana: :banana: :banana:

 

·
Top Of The Pops
Joined
·
27,472 Posts
Yes, I used to like bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwiches, but no longer.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top