Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...-?slug=ap-rockets-howardout&prov=ap&type=lgns

Rockets forward Howard will miss the rest of season

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston Rockets forward Juwan Howard will miss the rest of the season because of a viral infection in his heart.

Out of the lineup the last three weeks because of a sprained right knee, Howard developed an infection that could keep him from physical activity for the next four to six months. The ailment, viral myocarditis, has symptoms that include fever, heart palpitations and mild chest pains.

``This will prevent me from participating in conditioning workouts and games for the next few months,'' Howard said in a statement released Thursday. ``On the advice of my doctors, I will take a conservative approach for resuming my regular training regimen in order to ensure a full recovery so that I can be ready for the start of next season. My physicians have reassured me that there should be no long-term consequences.''

Howard hoped to return from his knee injury in time for the playoffs, which start April 23, but was told by doctors this week that he wouldn't be cleared to play again this season, even though the infection had been cured.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
There is definitely something odd about there being three in a week, isn't there?

A heart virus is different than irregular heartbeat, though...and really scary! I didn't even know there were heart viruses that you could just get and cure...frightening.

edit: After reading the article TB put up, I'm really scared for Eddy now. And Juwan, too, for that matter. And I guess the virus can cause the irregular heartbeat...hmm...

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Don'tget into too much of a panic...Eddy hasn't been diagnosed with anything.

Lets not speculate or jump to any conclusions.

This isn't CBS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts