Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She finally went home from the hospital yesterday. She's gonna be out of school and track for a while yet.

Doctors came to a final extimate that her appendix ruptured sometime on the 25th...She finally had it removed on the 29th.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
wow tough girl! Glad she is doing better, wish her a quick recovery!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Schilly, I've been spending less time on the boards lately, so this is the first I've heard. Damn! How old is she? At any rate, I'm glad she's doing better. Bring her flowers (since she probably can't eat chocolates yet) and best wishes.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crandc said:
Schilly, I've been spending less time on the boards lately, so this is the first I've heard. Damn! How old is she? At any rate, I'm glad she's doing better. Bring her flowers (since she probably can't eat chocolates yet) and best wishes.
Her digestive system had completely shut itself down from last Monday through friday, I think it may be a few days yet before she can handle food....but when did chocolate start counting as food?

BTW she is 14.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Schilly - I am so glad she is doing better!!!

She is one tough kid!

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I am glad to hear she is doing better Schilly. That is very good news indeed. Ruptures are very bad news. Our best wishes for her and her family.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Trader Bob said:
Ruptures are very bad news.
Reminds me of when I was a kid... whenever anyone (well any of us boys, that is) got hit by a ball in the privates, everyone would instantly stop what they were doing (even if they weren't really paying attention) and scream "RUPTURE!!!" at the top of their lungs, then laugh long and hard at the kid squirming on the ground.

Tough neighborhood, I guess. :D

Glad your niece is recovering, Schilly. That is really great news!

PBF

1 - 10 of 10 Posts