Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Maine womens basketabll coach Joanne Palombo McCallie, who guided Maine to 6 NCAA tourney appearances from 1992 through 1999, will be going for a National Title when Michigan State takes on Baylor Tuesday night. The Spartans upset Tennessse, and Baylor also upset #1 ranked LSU. Definitely some new faces in the womens title game this year.

·
Registered
341 Posts
mainejeff said:
Former Maine womens basketabll coach Joanne Palombo McCallie, who guided Maine to 6 NCAA tourney appearances from 1992 through 1999, will be going for a National Title when Michigan State takes on Baylor Tuesday night. The Spartans upset Tennessse, and Baylor also upset #1 ranked LSU. Definitely some new faces in the womens title game this year.
oh, go her then. I hate Baylor because their AD is former NU guy Ian McCaw (who had a breif stay at UMass in between NU and Baylor)

·
Registered
143 Posts
That was a terrific game last night between MSU and Tennesse. I really thought the Spartans were sunk during the second half but they had an amazing comeback.

I don't know that I'd consider it that much of an upset as MSU has beaten the #1, #2 and #3 ranked teams this season. Great job by the former Maine coach and good luck to her tomorrow night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts