Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
8,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oregon Live - It appears that Blazers center Joel Przybilla may not be a lock to return to Portland next season after all.

Reports out of the Oregon Live state that Przybilla has said his future with the team might be in jeopardy because of the way some teammates have given up on the season.

Przybilla has spent much of the season saying his top priority is to re-sign with Portland after the season, but after a dismal second half, which has included 22 losses in 25 games, the 7-foot-1 center says he will look elsewhere this summer unless changes are made.
Link

Want Thorn to get him?

· Registered
1,066 Posts
LOL I was about to post this. Thorn should defiantly make a run at him this summer. The man is a beast blocking shots and rebounding. Just what we need. I thought this year would be his break out year, but he's been in McMillan's dog house for some reason.

It could be hard to get him if the T-wolves or Bucks make a run at him since Przy grew up in Minnesota and lives in Milwaukee during the offseason.

· Banned
57,945 Posts
Couldn't Portland only had offered him the MLE?

If he's focused on winning, he'll take the MLE elsewhere, instead of the money.

-Petey

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Nets should definitely keep tabs on him. He's a big body w/ great rebounding & shotblocking.

· Registered
2,532 Posts
THE TAKEOVER said:
Link

Want Thorn to get him?
Does he have any offensive skills? With Twin, I don't think we want another non-offensive player (doesn't need to be great).

I'm definately interested but I think Lorenzan Wright at 3 yrs/$10M would be a nice blaanced player to add to the frontline at a reasonable cost.

· Premium Member
3,961 Posts
He may want to come given his reason for wanting out is indifferent teammates, that's what happens when you lose in the NBA, collect your check and go home. He has said all along that he wanted to stay now this reason comes up. NJ would be perfect for him, a team chalk full of vets, that give a crap win or lose. A 3-4 year full MLE will be the price tag, is this what Thorn wants?

· Registered
2,532 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
He may want to come given his reason for wanting out is indifferent teammates, that's what happens when you lose in the NBA, collect your check and go home. He has said all along that he wanted to stay now this reason comes up. NJ would be perfect for him, a team chalk full of vets, that give a crap win or lose. A 3-4 year full MLE will be the price tag, is this what Thorn wants?
Just checked his stats. Definately worth the full MLE to bring him to NJ. Hell, give him the starting job. SA would probably love this kid although it would mean parting with Nazr, who would then be a nice fit. Think he wants to go to Phoenix for the MLE?

· Premium Member
3,961 Posts
rundmc00 said:
Just checked his stats. Definately worth the full MLE to bring him to NJ. Hell, give him the starting job. SA would probably love this kid although it would mean parting with Nazr, who would then be a nice fit. Think he wants to go to Phoenix for the MLE?
All that running down there? Yea, after looking at his last 2 seasons, over 2 blocks and around 7 boards a night in 24 minutes, he's the opposite of Twin, he'd be a nice change of pace or pairing with Twin.

· Registered
2,982 Posts
He'd be a nice addition for a good chunk if not all of the MLE. He's the best fit outa all the bigmen available this offseason. Throw Mile in there too and we have a nice little rotation for a few years. Nenad/Cliff could play alongside both of them to offset any scoring issues. Sounds good to me.

· Banned
57,945 Posts
JL104 said:
If he gets less than 3 mil per year and he plays as our backup C/pf along with collins, by all means yes.
I think he's worth the full MLE.

-Petey

· Registered
8,452 Posts
He will get at least the full MLE and I see teams like Minny and Toronto making a serious push for him as their starting center.

Imagine how much better Bosh would be with Pryzbilla alongside him? A Villanueva, Bosh, Pryzbilla frontline is very big and very scary. If they can draft Brandon Roy then I will not be happy that they are in our division.

· Registered
1,066 Posts
More news on Przy:

Free agent center-in-waiting Joel Przybilla, who wants only a legitimate reason he should re-sign, now is seriously considering moving on to another club — perhaps Chicago or Toronto, Milwaukee or Minnesota. In better times, none of those teams would look better than Portland to a player of Przybilla’s character, but these are the worst of times. So far.

http://portlandtribune.com/archview.cgi?id=34522

· Premium Member
3,961 Posts
Netted- said:
He will get at least the full MLE and I see teams like Minny and Toronto making a serious push for him as their starting center.

Imagine how much better Bosh would be with Pryzbilla alongside him? A Villanueva, Bosh, Pryzbilla frontline is very big and very scary. If they can draft Brandon Roy then I will not be happy that they are in our division.
Toronto was on the way back when they signed up Bryan Colangelo. When in PHX for years it was no big man, no big man, they had a good mix of points and wings then. If judging points and wings is his strong suit, Toronto will be a chief rival for years to come. He can build a team around a stud like Bosh.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.