Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow have you guys seen Golden State ever since they got Bdiddy? daaang they're good!!!

7-3 in their last 10? Can u say playoffs next year?

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Baron with 25 and 15 asts.

And Pietrus has been so hot lately I suspect there will be a RLucas sighting soon :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm thrilled. I'm looking to move to the Bay Area this spring and I really would like Golden State to be a fun team to watch a lot of. Of course, I'm always a Chicago/Bulls fan at heart.

Pietrus is one of my favorite players and I've been super high on him for a long time. Skita is also one of my favorites...don't ask, I don't know why either. I'm into Biedrins and Foyle is Foyle...one of the best centers in the league. ;)

They're an exciting team and I would be proud to place them as my fourth or fifth favorite behind the Bulls, the Bulls, the Bulls and, maybe, the Bulls.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
nanokooshball said:
Wow have you guys seen Golden State ever since they got Bdiddy? daaang they're good!!!

7-3 in their last 10? Can u say playoffs next year?
nope..

teams do this every year

hell we did it the year we got jalen...

they won't be in the playoffs next year..they'll be up there with the clippers tho

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
I've been digging this team as well.

Fun to watch. I love it.

Baron Davis is one of my favorite players in the NBA.

Not sure if he has the jib to play for the Bulls though... but him, JRICH, Pietrus, Murphy.... nice.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Call me a skeptic, but haven't Bulls fans seen similar finishes at seasons end? In fact, haven't we seen certain individuals catch fire over the last 20 games or so leading everyone to believe the following season would be THE YEAR the team makes its breakthrough and challenges for a playoff slot?

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Kismet said:
Call me a skeptic, but haven't Bulls fans seen similar finishes at seasons end? In fact, haven't we seen certain individuals catch fire over the last 20 games or so leading everyone to believe the following season would be THE YEAR the team makes its breakthrough and challenges for a playoff slot?
It's hard to say that Baron Davis is some unproven player who's looking like he's breaking out during the last 2 months of a washed up season.

Baron's been playing star type minutes (38+) for the past 8 games and GS is 6-2.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Kismet said:
Well... next season if JRICH shows up to camp with a busted hand and Baron comes to camp 40 pounds overweight it might hamper the start of their season.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Just good to see Baron healthy again

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
kukoc4ever said:
Well... next season if JRICH shows up to camp with a busted hand and Baron comes to camp 40 pounds overweight it might hamper the start of their season.
Don't forget that Pietrus gets into a bike crash during the offseason too. That should do the trick.

:boohoo:

Reactions: kukoc4ever

·
Registered
184 Posts
I attended the Warriors vs Knicks game and the Warriors looked like they were enjoying themselves. Baron is already a huge favorite with the crowd. They will do well but they still need a big man. It's tought to see what Biedrins has to offer since he gets such limited minutes.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
superdave said:
Just good to see Baron healthy again
I'm just glad to see Baron out of New Orleans. Hes not a regular at the jib-barber but we've seen enough to know that the Hornets have never been a legitimate NBA franchise. I see a lot of the plight of Bonzi Wells in Baron's situation. Players never look good when the force a trade. but, maybe he [correctly] realized that his situation was never going to get better and it was time look out for his own sanity.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
DaBullz said:
It's hard to say that Baron Davis is some unproven player who's looking like he's breaking out during the last 2 months of a washed up season.

Baron's been playing star type minutes (38+) for the past 8 games and GS is 6-2.
Baron Davis = 01/02 Jalen Rose?

Rose: 30 games, 40.5mpg, 23.8ppg, 47%/37%, 5.3apg.

Or how about the 02/03 version of Jalen Rose: 82 games, 40.9mpg, 22.1ppg, 41%/37%, 4.8apg. Don't forget, the Bulls won 30 games that season. We all thought the playoffs were right around the corner...little did we know.

I'd say comparing Rose at that time to the GS version of Baron Davis is fair. There are no guarrantees that Davis won't regress next season the same way Rose did in 03/04 for Chicago.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Deng101 said:
except you forget to mention how much better talented Baron Davis is compared to Jalen Rose. :dead:
Er, let me know when Davis puts up numbers comparable to Rose's stats during the 01/02 and 02/03 seasons with the Bulls. Aside from higher assist totals Baron Davis has never come close to matching Rose's numbers with the Bulls between February, 2002 and April, 2003.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
'scuse me? Rose is NO WHERE NEAR the player that BDiddiy.... rose stands there taking jumpers.... baron attacks the basket and finds ways for his team mates to score

rose is just a hog and baron isn't the cancer that rose is on a team

1 - 18 of 18 Posts