Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
obviously clips are only going to show the positive (and that even includes the clips of Bargani), but I didn't realize that his range was as deep as it was (some of those three's were even deep NBA 3's). The dunk against UP was pretty good for a guy who can't jump.

But like I said, all the clips are positive, but the positive is pretty impressive offensively. The huge 3's, and the deep 3's, were crazy good. Needs work on D, but all of the picks will need some form of work on their D and O.

I anxiously await what this threat will turn into.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Talkhard said:
I'd say this "threat" is going to turn into a pretty good NBA player.

:)
hm....whats a comical way to say that i meant to say thread and t got in the way?

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Say what you want about the defensive capability of OK State, but he had two guys with size on him and totally schooled them.

That Batista moment was pretty cool too.

It's too bad they have to match up against UCLA; It'd be nice to see as many West Coast teams still in it as possible.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Samuel said:
Say what you want about the defensive capability of OK State, but he had two guys with size on him and totally schooled them.

That Batista moment was pretty cool too.

It's too bad they have to match up against UCLA; It'd be nice to see as many West Coast teams still in it as possible.
in a cool world, UW, UCLA and Gonzaga would be in the final 4. ;)

that was cool about JP's brother coming in, and it kind of sucked how on FSN they cut away before 'senior night'. I still don't know if the kids at the kennel were chanting "1 more year" or not.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Backboard Cam said:
The only thing worse than Adam Morrison haters is Adam Morrison lovers who keep bringing up Adam Morrison to make the Adam Morrison haters mad.
that should be a singular reference, and not multiple.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
the games i have seen i watched him on d and running around on the O, I have always thought his lack of D has been overblown he just isnt a flashy defender more of a position defender meaning he doesnt man up but gets into position.

he passes pretty darn good too

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Hap said:
I still don't know if the kids at the kennel were chanting "1 more year" or not.
The only way I think Morrison would stay is if they got to the final 4 or the final game and got screwed. Ironically, Morrison doesn't really need to say. Next year Gonzaga will be flush with recruits, transfers, and guys capable of starting. It's a sick team that will stomp all over the WCC with their size.

Raivio, 6-3, SR
Pierre-Marie Altidor-Cespedes, 6-2, JR
Micah Downs, 6-8, SO (December)[McDonalds All-American]
Mallon, 6-7, SR
Heytvelt, 6-11, RS-SO

David Pendergraft, JR
Matt Bouldin, 6-4, FR
Pargo, 6-0, FR
Larry Gurganious, 6-5, SO
Mamery Diallo, 6-9, SR
Will Foster, 7-1, FR

David Burgess, 6-10 (Sitting out, will be a RS-Sophomore next year)

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Samuel said:
The only way I think Morrison would stay is if they got to the final 4 or the final game and got screwed. Ironically, Morrison doesn't really need to say. Next year Gonzaga will be flush with recruits, transfers, and guys capable of starting. It's a sick team that will stomp all over the WCC with their size.

Raivio, 6-3, SR
Pierre-Marie Altidor-Cespedes, 6-2, JR
Micah Downs, 6-8, SO (December)[McDonalds All-American]
Mallon, 6-7, SR
Heytvelt, 6-11, RS-SO

David Pendergraft, JR
Matt Bouldin, 6-4, FR
Pargo, 6-0, FR
Larry Gurganious, 6-5, SO
Will Foster, 7-1, FR

David Burgess, 6-10 (Sitting out, will be a RS-Sophomore next year)

True, so true...

Bouldin was a top 50 recruit...

Heytvelt was recruited by UCONN, North Carolina and Kansas....He has a game very similar to KG's..not as good obviously, but very similar..

also don't forget Stephen Gray and Robert Sacre coming in a couple years from now, both guys are turning into very good prospects..

btw, Burgess will be ready by December with Downs...He used this year as a redshirt year with BYU...

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
True, so true...

Bouldin was a top 50 recruit...

Heytvelt was recruited by UCONN, North Carolina and Kansas....He has a game very similar to KG's..not as good obviously, but very similar..

also don't forget Stephen Gray and Robert Sacre coming in a couple years from now, both guys are turning into very good prospects..

btw, Burgess will be ready by December with Downs...He used this year as a redshirt year with BYU...
I'm just going on this article, which seems to separate Downs and Burgess' respective eligibilities.

I could be wrong though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2309832

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Burgess, who made a recruiting trip to Gonzaga after averaging 19 points, 13 rebounds and four blocked shots during his senior year at Woodbridge, appeared in only two games as a freshman at Brigham Young in 2004-05 before undergoing surgery on both of his ankles.
He contends his ankles are sound and he's ready to contribute for the Bulldogs as soon as possible which will be next December, after he sits out one year under the NCAA's transfer rule.
The guy they were referring to in the article with ankle injury was Burgess, who used that freshman year at BYU as a redshirt year after only playing 2 game...

He'll be transferring and ready to go in December with Downs...

I'm excited about both players, both heavily recruited and didn't work out in there first stops...Sounds familiar to Dan Dickau, Erroll Knight and Richard Fox's situations from years past....

Few and his staff are great at sniffing out players early who have tremendous upside but no biters...Morrison was a 6'4" pencil shaped gangly kid when he plucked him out of Mead High School, Pendergraph he signed when he was an 8th grader in Brewster, Stephen Gray is the next on that list...He led Seattle area high schools in scoring this year as a Junior, even scoring more than a national top 3 recruit Spencer Hawes...

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Hap said:
you can sign someone as an 8th grader?
You can't sign an actual letter of intent. You can give a verbal committment, like Emeka Iweka did for Oregon State during his freshman year of high school. I've even seen some kids sign a 'fake' letter of intent, just as a symbolic gesture, before they can actually sign a LOI.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea, kid named Sam Rayburn from Sunset High School verballed with Cal when he an 8th grader as well..

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Yea, kid named Sam Rayburn from Sunset High School verballed with Cal when he an 8th grader as well..
When was this?...I don't remember any standout Sunset players in recent years...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.