Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be an incredible event and would certainly bring in lots of money and people to the Portland, OR area that's for sure.

That said, if the conference movement continues, all these teams may not end up going.

Anyway, I think it's a neat idea on how to honor Phil Knight (on his 80th birthday in 2018) and Nike...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8274359/nike-schools-commit-16-team-mega-event-honor-phil-knight

Schools committed to Phil Knight event

Michigan State AD Mark Hollis told ESPN.com that 16 Nike-sponsored schools have committed to participate in a two-tournament event held in honor of Phil Knight. A list of schools committed:

• Kentucky (SEC)
• Florida (SEC)

• Michigan State (Big Ten)
• Ohio State (Big Ten)

• Duke (ACC)
• North Carolina (ACC)

• Connecticut (Big East)
• Georgetown (Big East)

• Texas (Big 12)
• Oklahoma (Big 12)

• Stanford (Pac-12)
• Oregon (Pac-12)

• Xavier (A-10)
• Butler (A-10)

• Gonzaga (WCC)
• Portland (WCC)

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
This would be an incredible event and would certainly bring in lots of money and people to the Portland, OR area that's for sure.

That said, if the conference movement continues, all these teams may not end up going.

Anyway, I think it's a neat idea on how to honor Phil Knight (on his 80th birthday in 2018) and Nike...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8274359/nike-schools-commit-16-team-mega-event-honor-phil-knight

Schools committed to Phil Knight event

Michigan State AD Mark Hollis told ESPN.com that 16 Nike-sponsored schools have committed to participate in a two-tournament event held in honor of Phil Knight. A list of schools committed:

• Kentucky (SEC)
• Florida (SEC)

• Michigan State (Big Ten)
• Ohio State (Big Ten)

• Duke (ACC)
• North Carolina (ACC)

• Connecticut (Big East)
• Georgetown (Big East)

• Texas (Big 12)
• Oklahoma (Big 12)

• Stanford (Pac-12)
• Oregon (Pac-12)

• Xavier (A-10)
• Butler (A-10)

• Gonzaga (WCC)
• Portland (WCC)
I guess UVM is out of the mix since we switched to Addidas for the upcoming year...:laugh:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts