Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's Heat announcer Tony Fiorentino's list of players who would be HOF locks if they retired tomorrow.

Just saw it on the Heat/Wolves game.

Duncan, Shaq, Garnett, Payton, Nash, Iverson, Kobe.

· Registered
10,131 Posts
you know what, i plain just dont like any part of the heat organization. It's much easier just to ignore them. Anyone, with the SLIGHTEST knowledge of the NBA and the game of basketball, knows that Jason Kidd is a virtual first ballot Hall of Famer.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Netted- said:
I don't see Payton as a lock. I've heard that before. He was a great player, but I wouldn't call him a HOF lock.
Payton is a lock, IMO.

Nash is not in right now. No way.

12/6 career and hasn't won a thing.

He's the 1st MVP that won't make it.

Grant Hill is even ahead of Nash.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sMaK said:
Yeah, Fiorentino is a moron. Forgive him.
League Pass makes me thank God for Mark Jackson every day.

Actually, Jim Spanarkel is elite compared to the majority of the bums I have the displeasure of hearing every night.

· Registered
8,452 Posts
ghoti said:

Actually, Jim Spanarkel is elite compared to the majority of the bums I have the displeasure of hearing every night.
Yeah... we've been spoiled throughout the years with Ian and company. Most other local announcers are garbage. Between Ian, Marv and Mark I feel like a greedy pig.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Netted- said:
Yeah... we've been spoiled throughout the years with Ian and company. Most other local announcers are garbage. Between Ian, Marv and Mark I feel like a greedy pig.
YES Network.

Great for your ears. Bad for your eyes.

· Premium Member
12,775 Posts
ghoti said:

It was great when we had the Czar instead of Fiorentino. Fiorentino is such a homer, and he's a dumb ***. His stupidity is kind of entertaining sometimes though.

· Registered
8,452 Posts
ghoti said:
YES Network.

Great for your ears. Bad for your eyes.
Why? I think the games look very professional. Knicks games look like a cable access high school game in comparison. Although this year there has been a lot of technical issues. I wonder if it has to do with the construction around the arena?

· Registered
1,099 Posts
I'm not sure why that makes him a complete moron (granted, there might be other things that do). I'd bet anything that all those guys are going to the hall.

I would say Shaq, Duncan, and Payton are absolute locks. I shouldn't have to explain Shaq and Duncan, while Payton has 2 NBA first teams, 9 all star teams, and was one of the best defensive players ever at his position.

Garnett, Iverson, and Nash may not be total locks, but all have won MVP's and every single MVP winner who is eligable for the Hall is in, and those who aren't (but retired) are total locks to make it (Jordan, Malone, Hakeem, Robinson).

Kobe to me is the most borderline (2 NBA first teams, and 8 all stars), but I believe he'd probably get in now, and will add things to his resume that will get him the decision.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nate505 said:
I'm not sure why that makes him a complete moron (granted, there might be other things that do). I'd bet anything that all those guys are going to the hell.

I would say Shaq, Duncan, and Payton are absolute locks. I shouldn't have to explain Shaq and Duncan, while Payton has 2 NBA first teams, 9 all star teams, and was one of the best defensive players ever at his position.

Garnett, Iverson, and Nash may not be total locks, but all have won MVP's and every single MVP winner who is eligable for the Hall is in, and those who aren't (but retired) are total locks to make it (Jordan, Malone, Hakeem, Robinson).

Kobe to me is the most borderline (2 NBA first teams, and 8 all stars), but I believe he'd probably get in now, and will add things to his resume that will get him the decision.
Kidd is a mortal lock. That's what makes him an idiot on this board.

· Registered
2,982 Posts
I'm suprised Wade wasn't on his list. He is the secondcoming of jesus afterall, they say it virtually every broadcast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.