Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some good moderately easy hiking trails or paths/can also be paved where kids can bike/scooter etc. Chittenden County or Central Vermont area.

Need to find some new, good spots. Also, how has foot traffic been at places like Oakledge Park/Waterfront Park.

It’s unfortunate a global pandemic has allowed to have an extended period in VT, get back to the basics and unplug, but am going to try and make the best of it.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Bike path from the burlington waterfront to Colchester is tremendous, but probably a bit crowded towards the waterfront with so many people sitting at home and nothing else to do...probably not quite "social distancing."

If you want a gentle place to get outside for dog walking and a place kids can bike I'd park at Airport Park in Colchester then head out the causeway. I think its ~4 miles to the South Hero cut in the causeway. It is gravel at that point so no rollerblading but great for jogging, etc.

The Lamoille Valley rail trail near Hyde Park (22 miles I believe?) is great too and a bit more off the beaten path so there shouldn't be too many people. Any actually hiking at higher elevation is probably a disgusting mess of mud season/ice/melting snow.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Since the gym has closed due to CV19 I have been taking 2 long walks a day with our dog. I would say that nowhere has there been enough people to be a concern. I have noticed that people do not ask to pet our dog or stop to chat. So far I have not heard anyone with a cough. I'm keeping my fingers and eyes crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts