1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
And Hinrich's still at #3. Hmmm.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Barbosa looks great. last year he was a total mystery. basically no one scouts Brazil fulltime. But that country might just be the most naturally athletic in the world. I bet the NBA goes there and stays there big time after Leandrinho and Nene. Splitter and Varajao are in Europe and easier to spot. But with Nene and Barbosa coming straight from the Brazilian league, the Bulls might be wise to hire bulls4ever from realgm to be a fulltime scout there. Brazilians are just unbelievable athletes on the whole (soccer, volleyball, basketball and they do well with basically zero facilities)

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Re: Re: OT: Hmm...Well Look Who's Jumped To #5 In Rook Ranks

Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

Barbosa looks great. last year he was a total mystery. basically no one scouts Brazil fulltime. But that country might just be the most naturally athletic in the world. I bet the NBA goes there and stays there big time after Leandrinho and Nene. Splitter and Varajao are in Europe and easier to spot. But with Nene and Barbosa coming straight from the Brazilian league, the Bulls might be wise to hire bulls4ever from realgm to be a fulltime scout there. Brazilians are just unbelievable athletes on the whole (soccer, volleyball, basketball and they do well with basically zero facilities)
ain't that the truth. I saw the Brazilian national volleyball team play once and pretty much everyone on that squad makes ERob look like he's cemented to the ground. Unbelievable. If they had better facilities and discipline, they'd take the world by storm.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Re: Re: Re: OT: Hmm...Well Look Who's Jumped To #5 In Rook Ranks

Originally posted by <b>ViciousFlogging</b>!

ain't that the truth. I saw the Brazilian national volleyball team play once and pretty much everyone on that squad makes ERob look like he's cemented to the ground. Unbelievable. If they had better facilities and discipline, they'd take the world by storm.
They are basically a shoo in to the finals for every world cup. Now they are a country that is watching Nene and Barbosa get rich in the US playing hoops. Within 10 years, we wont be talking about Europe or HS to get prospects, we will be talking about China and Brazil. Thats just my guess. in 15 years, Africa

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
And Hinrich's still at #3. Hmmm.
Ya, Barbosa is putting up better #s despite the fact he's just really getting a chance to play...and no one can convince me he won't end up being a better player.

Hinrich plays too much, he'd be more efficient and subsequently better if he played 30 mins a game...

Less is more...

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Hmm...Well Look Who's Jumped To #5 In Rook Ranks

They are basically a shoo in to the finals for every world cup. Now they are a country that is watching Nene and Barbosa get rich in the US playing hoops. Within 10 years, we wont be talking about Europe or HS to get prospects, we will be talking about China and Brazil. Thats just my guess. in 15 years, Africa
I don't even want to start talking about the girls...

Please don't make me talk about them....

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

Ya, Barbosa is putting up better #s despite the fact he's just really getting a chance to play...and no one can convince me he won't end up being a better player.

Hinrich plays too much, he'd be more efficient and subsequently better if he played 30 mins a game...

Less is more...
trading down to take barbosa might have been the better move, particularly in a draft loaded with pgs. But Kirk has been real good from game 5 on. Barbosa has only been good recently. So lets not get ahead of ourselves. But Barbosa might just walk out of this draft as the best g not named Lebron. and that includes Wade, Kirk, My boy Mickael "DNP-CD" Pietrus and TJ Ford

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Hmm...Well Look Who's Jumped To #5 In Rook Ranks

Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

I don't even want to start talking about the girls...

Please don't make me talk about them....
the SI swimsuit issue is basically 9 brazilians, 2 americans, a couple of girls from europe and an argentinian. Its a crazy place. My mother was from there. Ok, let the jokes fly. But I have family there that I visit every 2 years or so. Rio is off the charts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I would say that South America as a whole is full of athletes and with some hungry people waiting to get their chance.
You see baseball, and the central/south American rule the world. You see soccer, and Argentina and Brazil are the powerhouses.
You see basketball, and Argentina is up there and even defeated the Dream Team for the first time since I dont know when.

I think it would be wise for NBA teams to have scouts down there, but still many brazilians, argentineans, etc leave early to Europe to polish their game, get closer to the NBA and earn some money.

Actually, you will see Brazilians teams having deals with European teams as to import their players overseas. Like if Vasco was the minor league system for, say, Tau Ceramica.

What you will find in South America and nowhere else is the "hungryness". They want it as much as any guy in the world. If Eddy Curry were to be Argentinean, he will be an All-Star by now. If "Y" were brazilian, he would be a leading candidate for ROY, etc.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>curry_52</b>!
I would say that South America as a whole is full of athletes and with some hungry people waiting to get their chance.
You see baseball, and the central/south American rule the world. You see soccer, and Argentina and Brazil are the powerhouses.
You see basketball, and Argentina is up there and even defeated the Dream Team for the first time since I dont know when.

I think it would be wise for NBA teams to have scouts down there, but still many brazilians, argentineans, etc leave early to Europe to polish their game, get closer to the NBA and earn some money.

Actually, you will see Brazilians teams having deals with European teams as to import their players overseas. Like if Vasco was the minor league system for, say, Tau Ceramica.

What you will find in South America and nowhere else is the "hungryness". They want it as much as any guy in the world. If Eddy Curry were to be Argentinean, he will be an All-Star by now. If "Y" were brazilian, he would be a leading candidate for ROY, etc.
This is a great post. your 100% right. i think the one trait we might be seeing from Brazil is that the local kid there might say screw Barcelona and Tau Ceramica, I can get to the pros directly from brazil. Nene and Barbosa have done it. That might be a trait we see. The Bulls should have a fulltime scout there or 2 to pick up these kids before anyone does. Nene played internationally so everyone knows who he was. But Barbosa was a mystery. He did well in predraft workouts but fell anyway. Because he was a total mystery

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
I still dont understand how a person's ranking goes down when he doesnt play.....

People are stupid

I guess its not for the season its for that week

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Hmm...Well Look Who's Jumped To #5 In Rook Ranks

the SI swimsuit issue is basically 9 brazilians, 2 americans, a couple of girls from europe and an argentinian. Its a crazy place. My mother was from there. Ok, let the jokes fly. But I have family there that I visit every 2 years or so. Rio is off the charts
I have to go to the Carnaval they have there...

if what I've heard is true...

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

This is a great post. your 100% right. i think the one trait we might be seeing from Brazil is that the local kid there might say screw Barcelona and Tau Ceramica, I can get to the pros directly from brazil. Nene and Barbosa have done it. That might be a trait we see. The Bulls should have a fulltime scout there or 2 to pick up these kids before anyone does. Nene played internationally so everyone knows who he was. But Barbosa was a mystery. He did well in predraft workouts but fell anyway. Because he was a total mystery
Still, you wont find MANY gems since they are already in Europe. But I tell you that anyone from Brazil, Argentina, etc would rather be a bench player to an NBA team than a starter for an European club. They see the NBA as the ultimate heaven. But once they get there, it isnt a "Mission Accomplished" its a "Lets start to work" thing. Yes, money its important for them (and for any guy around the world) but they want to get there to compete against the best in the business and to become the best player their ever dreamed of. They are fearless and tireless, you would have a hard time finding people from there that actually give up and dont compete. If you are a team and draft a south american, having a pure hustle, great work ethic and 110% effort per night is the worst you can do. So its a win-win situation drafting this guys, especially since they are low in people list, dont appear on the radar screen of "win-now" GMs and those reluctant to explore a market/business place that is virgin and full of diamonds in the rough. South America is a gold mine. Someone, hopefully the Bulls, will start exploiting this mine. They wont get dissapointed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow, a topic about Brazil!! In this I can have my real opinion!!

First, Brazil have NO facilities, is incredible how a country with 0 incentives for sports can have so many great athletes.

At Soccer and Volleyball Brazil is the absolutely BEST country in hte world, especially when you look at the number of good players, Brazil is just a machine...

Basketball isn´t very popular in Brazil at nowadays, 2 olympics without the national team, and because it isn´t shown in TV makes it difficult to young people start to practice the sport, just remember that 80% of the brazilian athletes comes from poor families. And the Brazilians are really undarreted in Baketball, Varejão is the biggest example for me, he developed an consistent offensive game to go with his great defensive game, played great against TD and Jermaine O´neal and isn-t considered a top prospect, for me he is already the next year steal from the draft, he really can play.

About Leandrinho, he was absolutely the best brazilian player in the National Championship, by far... He is really gifted and I think he will be a "bibby" like player in a 3 ou 4 years, wait and see, but remember that he is a roockie and will have lots of bad nights.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
The one big thing I notice about Barbosa when I watch him is his absolutely blinding speed. Seriously, that guy could be a track star on a major level. He's got some big time afterburners.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts