Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang I just got back from 10 days of Martial Arts Training (Yi-Quan and Shin-Yi) in Hong Kong. This single image I think summarizes the city best.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Re: Hong Kong in a Nutshell

Schilly said:
Hey gang I just got back from 10 days of Martial Arts Training (Yi-Quan and Shin-Yi) in Hong Kong. This single image I think summarizes the city best.

you were gone?

·
Registered
5,890 Posts

must have been designing new uniforms :D

·
Registered
5,890 Posts

did you spread love for the blazers? :p

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Utherhimo said:
did you spread love for the blazers? :p
Yeah I told everyone there about how our young kid named Oultaw absofreakin posterizeed their national treasure.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Budha is huge over there....

At 6'1" 200lbs...so was I

·
Registered
8,264 Posts

wow. the wife is always saying how we should go see Hong Kong, Beijing or some of the cities of India, and I doubt it'll ever happen. I see photos like that and immediately start hyperventilating.

anymore when I travel I can put up with a major city for a day or two and then I'm ready to go see some small towns.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

theWanker said:
wow. the wife is always saying how we should go see Hong Kong, Beijing or some of the cities of India, and I doubt it'll ever happen. I see photos like that and immediately start hyperventilating.

anymore when I travel I can put up with a major city for a day or two and then I'm ready to go see some small towns.
There are districts in Hong Kong where over 50,000 people live per sq Kilometer....Basically there are 7million people in less land space than the city of Portland.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Here what I awoke to for 7 mornings when I pulled back the curtain....Our group affectionately referred to htis as "Bladerunner Land"

·
Registered
11,166 Posts

Does Yi-Quan and Shin Yi come with fried rice or Chow mein?

·
Registered
8,714 Posts

Schilly said:
Here what I awoke to for 7 mornings when I pulled back the curtain....Our group affectionately referred to htis as "Bladerunner Land"

What? No Godzilla? Oh wait....that is the wrong country. Welcome back Schilly, how was the flight or did you take the boat? :biggrin:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

HOWIE said:
What? No Godzilla? Oh wait....that is the wrong country. Welcome back Schilly, how was the flight or did you take the boat? :biggrin:
Going to Hong Kong we flew From Portland to Seattle (45minutes) 2 hour layover in Seattle, then Seattle to Taipei Taiwan (14 hours) 1 hour layover then Taipei to Hong Kong 1.5 hours.

Coming back home the 2 shorter flights were the same, but the long flight was only 10 hours.

Ohh yeah and we flew China arilines which ironically designs their planes for Chinese sized people.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts

Schilly said:
Going to Hong Kong we flew From Portland to Seattle (45minutes) 2 hour layover in Seattle, then Seattle to Taipei Taiwan (14 hours) 1 hour layover then Taipei to Hong Kong 1.5 hours.

Coming back home the 2 shorter flights were the same, but the long flight was only 10 hours.

Ohh yeah and we flew China arilines which ironically designs their planes for Chinese sized people.
So your saying that there wasn't a lot of leg room? So tell me honestly, did you feel like an NBA player over there with people looking at you because of your height? :biggrin:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

HOWIE said:
So your saying that there wasn't a lot of leg room? So tell me honestly, did you feel like an NBA player over there with people looking at you because of your height? :biggrin:
We id get quite a few looks as there wasa group of a bout 5 of us that were often walking around...none of us under 6' and the tallest was 6'4" I'd guess teh average man over there is about 5'5" maybe 5'6" and women in general were around 5'1" or so.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts

Schilly said:
We id get quite a few looks as there wasa group of a bout 5 of us that were often walking around...none of us under 6' and the tallest was 6'4" I'd guess teh average man over there is about 5'5" maybe 5'6" and women in general were around 5'1" or so.
So there were five of you and you didn't go to the park for a pick up game? Schilly, I am disappointed in you my friend. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts