Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I saw James White dunk on a fastbreak yesterday, and his head was above the freakin rim even though it didn't even look like he tried that hard.

As far as his attempted dunk, that was the best missed dunk I have ever seen. If he would have made it, it would have just simply the best dunk I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
As far as his attempted dunk, that was the best missed dunk I have ever seen. If he would have made it, it would have just simply the best dunk I've ever seen.
Pretty much sums up what I think

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
do u have a media player file of that dunk? looks sik but can bearly make it out.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
i want this guy in the NBA just so he can rot on a bench until all star weekend, then turn the dunk contest into a beautiful thing again. i remember hearing about him when he was in high school and he wanted to one day do a three point line dunk... whether that could be done or not, i don't know ,but it would certainly be insane!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Hands-down he is the best leaper I have ever seen.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdg</b>!
i want this guy in the NBA just so he can rot on a bench until all star weekend, then turn the dunk contest into a beautiful thing again. i remember hearing about him when he was in high school and he wanted to one day do a three point line dunk... whether that could be done or not, i don't know ,but it would certainly be insane!
It's already been done, forgot by who though. Read it in SLAM.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
hey its not working anymore?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I'll believe the 3-pt dunk when I see it. Lots of rumors get started even in magazines.

If a player could do that in a game many times he'd have quite a 3-pt%!

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
It wasn't in the NBA. Dammit, the name escapes me, but I know they talked about it in the SLAM Classic best dunkers issue (which I have, I'll look it up later). Then someone wrote in saying the mag was full of BS, and in a later issue, the dunker's daughter actually wrote in to deny that and she said he actually did it, for what it's worth.

But I do know it was in the top 50 dunkers of all time issue. I'll look it up and give you guys the name tomorrow, unless someone else does it.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdg</b>!
I dont think a dunk from the 3pt line is humanly possible. I believe I do remember, maybe back on HoopsTV.com, White talking about training to try and dunk from the halfway point betweent he free throw line and the 3pt line ... that is maybe a bit more realistic.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!
Hands-down he is the best leaper I have ever seen.
he definately is not the best, michael "the wild thing" wilson was and still is the best ever in this life time.

oh about that dunk few days back, lebron may jump higher, vinsinity may hang on the air longer, but i do think james white can glide further than both of them, i mean i have never seen anyone dunk with his style, his body stood so straight on the air looks like as if hes walking on the air, so weird, i have never seen him play until i saw that dunk few days back, heard about some guys here saying hes a great leaper but never actually get to see until few days back, hes truly amazing.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Yes he can but that doesn't mean he can dunk from behind the arc.
Maybe he can get a short floater or even layup at the most.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
[QUOTEvinsinity may hang on the air longer[/QUOTE]

I love when people say this. There is no such thing as "hanging" in the air. Everyone follows the same physics in the air. Thus, if LeBron and Carter both jump the same height off the floor at the same time, they will both come down at the same time. It's an illusion.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
[QUOTEvinsinity may hang on the air longer
I love when people say this. There is no such thing as "hanging" in the air. Everyone follows the same physics in the air. Thus, if LeBron and Carter both jump the same height off the floor at the same time, they will both come down at the same time. It's an illusion. [/QUOTE]

I think its a voluntary illusion. Fans who say that actually make themselves think that certain players "hang", when they just jump higher, and do certain things in the air.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
What could appear to be hanging in the air could just be a player having more body control in the air, which in itself is comment worthy.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts