Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
on PTI, both guys said one of the reasons that the east is bad is because of the coaching turnover.

Said the Atlanta coach has the longest tenure of any coach in the east that is with the same team.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
damnit. I think this guy is a heck of a coach. I like his offensive philosophy and it might have fit in here. If we could have held out awhile longer, we could have had this guy coaching this club.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
you like his "shoot 3s until our arms fall off" offensive strategy?

;)

I'm just kidding, mostly. I know that he was basically forced into that style by their personnel. And he does make sure his team gets after it on defense.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ViciousFlogging</b>!
you like his "shoot 3s until our arms fall off" offensive strategy?

;)

I'm just kidding, mostly. I know that he was basically forced into that style by their personnel. And he does make sure his team gets after it on defense.
I actually like the wide open game. I like shooting the 3s. He has implemented a point forward offense. They put the SG in the post. The off the ball movement is excellent. They fast break alot. I think its a thinking outside of the box offensive philosophy. Obviously you need the right personnel, but he does get his guys to push it, which we dont do enough. but one thing we can be accused of is terrible spacing and terrible off the ball movement. No O Brien team would have that as an issue. I would have loved to have this guy coaching the Bulls. He does have an eastern conference finals on his resume. And he has a history of getting along with his best players

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
The Philosophical diffrence was that O'Brien wanted to win and Ainge wanted to lose.

Ainge is seriously trying to tank...someone should tell him there's no one in this draft worth tanking for.

Paul Pierce should demand to be traded. Ainge is a joke. And he's making the Celtics a joke.

You make comments about O'Brien's strategy of chucking 3's...well that's the only way the Celts can win with the talent they have, and you can't argue with results. He has gotten them to the playoffs. He has won in the playoffs.

Celtics are in rebuilding mode. We need to aquire Paul Pierce. I bet if we offered up Hinrich and Chandler and Davis we could get Pierce.

And then it's "hello playoffs".

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
The Philosophical diffrence was that O'Brien wanted to win and Ainge wanted to lose.

Ainge is seriously trying to tank...someone should tell him there's no one in this draft worth tanking for.

Paul Pierce should demand to be traded. Ainge is a joke. And he's making the Celtics a joke.

You make comments about O'Brien's strategy of chucking 3's...well that's the only way the Celts can win with the talent they have, and you can't argue with results. He has gotten them to the playoffs. He has won in the playoffs.

Celtics are in rebuilding mode. We need to aquire Paul Pierce. I bet if we offered up Hinrich and Chandler and Davis we could get Pierce.

And then it's "hello playoffs".
maybe they are trying to get Okafor? The local kid would be a hero there. But I actually like the sets Obrien ran. They scored a ton without always having great players on the floor. They push it. They get after people. Sure, they play their shares of 114-110 games. But if they give up 110, its not really the defense that is lacking, its the pace of the game that they put on their opponents. I always thought they could be Sacramento East with their style. A guy like Jiri rides the bench in GS and then goes into that system and he looks pretty good. I would have loved to have him as coach of the club. Its a moot point however. Skiles is here for atleast next season.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
WTF why not

Chicago trades: PF Antonio Davis (9.3 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 33.0 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (5.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13.5 minutes)
C Eddy Curry (12.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 27.0 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 34.8 minutes)
PG Kirk Hinrich (10.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 5.8 apg in 34.2 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Paul Pierce (23.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 5.5 apg in 38.7 minutes)
C Raef LaFrentz (7.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 19.3 minutes)
PG Marcus Banks (5.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 16.7 minutes)
C Kendrick Perkins (2.7 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 3.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -16.4 ppg, -10.9 rpg, and -5.6 apg.

Boston trades: SG Paul Pierce (23.0 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 5.5 apg in 38.7 minutes)
C Raef LaFrentz (7.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 19.3 minutes)
PG Marcus Banks (5.4 ppg, 1.8 rpg, 2.2 apg in 16.7 minutes)
C Kendrick Perkins (2.7 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 3.3 minutes)
Boston receives: PF Antonio Davis (9.3 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 43 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (5.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 26 games)
C Eddy Curry (12.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 37 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.5 apg in 42 games)
PG Kirk Hinrich (10.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 5.8 apg in 39 games)
Change in team outlook: +16.4 ppg, +10.9 rpg, and +5.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Blow the mother up. Get the guy you can build around in PP. Then take Emeka in this draft.

Emeka
Pierce
Chandler
Banks
Dupree

Sign a 2 guard in FA with the MLE

La Frentz and Perkins back up the bigs. Pippen backs up the wings. The Bulls gamble on Banks

Oh well. worth a shot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.