1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I think the message is that Steve Mariucci is an overrated coach.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
He was hired by SF after a mediocre run at Cal to begin with. I never bought into the hype.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Not wanting to be left off of the bandwagon CB Dre Bly takes the opportunity to throw Joey under the bus.

Bly blames Harrington for firing

What a teammate!

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Blazerfan024 said:
I think the lions need start looking at upper management...Millen has done a horrible job in 4 years of work.
No doubt. Mariucci will land on his feet and succeed with another team (Green Bay, perhaps). Millen had no track record of anything but failure and shouldn't be given another chance to drive a team into the ground any time soon.

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
J_Bird said:
Not wanting to be left off of the bandwagon CB Dre Bly takes the opportunity to throw Joey under the bus.

Bly blames Harrington for firing

What a teammate!
It is concerning that Joey has lost the confidence of his teamates. It's one thing if your guys don't like you, it's another if they just don't believe you're very good. I think Joey might need a change of scenery. I don't know if that will help, but he just doesn't seem to have anything to grab onto in Motown. I feel bad for the guy. Everybody talks about how great his receivers are . . . really? Charles Rogers is never on the field, Roy Williams spends almost as much time in his street clothes, and Mike Williams is so Raw. Who's their possesion guy for 3rd and 7?? None of those 3 (even when healthy) are polished route runners yet. Plus, the offensive line is a terrible pass protecting unit. I wish Joey the best of luck, but that organization appears to have lost it's grip on reality. Millan says "it's concerning" that they haven't developed young talent? Well, maybe the guys that HE PICKED aren't that good (and I'm not necessarily talking about JH) I'd like to see Joey go to Baltimore or to another team that likes to run the ball and plays good enough Defense where Joey doesn't have to make a ton of plays to win. Sort of like how the Steelers have used Big Ben. If you look at Joey's last two games, he played great 2 weeks ago, and on Thanksgiving guys were dropping balls and the interception he had was not his fault. I actually thought he was playing pretty well against Atlanta before he got the yank. This guy needs a new team. Will he succeed? I still think he can, but I think it's over in Detroit. How can this guy succeed at this point? His teamates, the media, the front office, are all pointing fingers at him. What a joke!!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I really feel sorry for long-time Lions fans. Millen is clearly the worst thing going for the Lions. I don't see how they can ever be successful with him running the show. That team was a mess when Harrington got there, and it still is. It's hard enough for a rookie to start at QB in the NFL, but on a pathetic team with no players (like the Lions were when he got there), it's suicide. Joey has NEVER had decent pass protection or consistent receivers. Maybe he'll never live up to the contract. I don't know. But I just don't see why he gets as much blame as he does. I hope for his sake he gets traded or cut.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I really feel sorry for long-time Lions fans.
Thank you. I am a long-time Lions fan, and sometimes it's terribly depressing. They have been horrible ever since I started rooting for them many years ago, and they never seem to get any better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts