Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I'd put Chandler or Curry on the table to get B. Davis and a draft pick from them.

They'll be in the lottery and Baron Davis is everything Ben Gordon may one day become. Davis is only 26 and still getting much, much better. He has mad handle, plays physical defense with quick hands (though yes, he's not a lock-down defender), and can shoot from anywhere. Within the right system, Davis can be a superstar. He already is a terror to any defensive player.

He had a rough year last year, and has some history of injury, but I'd certainly put Chandler or Curry on the table to get a look at Davis. I'd put Gordon or Hinrich in addition if we could get Magloire in return, but that's a reach.

Hinrich + Chandler + AD

for

B.Davis + Magloire

gives them salary cap space soon and two solid young players. I don't know if the contracts work out, but I think they do.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
I'd put Chandler or Curry on the table to get B. Davis and a draft pick from them.

They'll be in the lottery and Baron Davis is everything Ben Gordon may one day become. Davis is only 26 and still getting much, much better. He has mad handle, plays physical defense with quick hands (though yes, he's not a lock-down defender), and can shoot from anywhere. Within the right system, Davis can be a superstar. He already is a terror to any defensive player.

He had a rough year last year, and has some history of injury, but I'd certainly put Chandler or Curry on the table to get a look at Davis. I'd put Gordon or Hinrich in addition if we could get Magloire in return, but that's a reach.

Hinrich + Chandler + AD

for

B.Davis + Magloire

gives them salary cap space soon and two solid young players. I don't know if the contracts work out, but I think they do.
Everyone would love to have Davis. Personally, I would take him over Francis or Marbury. The Hornets will not send him out for unknown players. I would send Either or both of our Guards for him. The problem is, he won't want to play for us. His agent wants Championship contending teams and we are not one of them.

But if Chandler and Curry improve like we want them to, we can be pretty good with the addition of Davis.

Davis
Whoever
Deng
Chandler
Curry.

Offensively and Defensively, we are set. We just need a Bowen kind of player at SG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts