Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
What does it say? I tried to register for the site, but when I clikced the "register here" or whatever link, it just kept taking me to a blank page.
By Jerry Crowe, Times Staff Writer

Kerry Kittles sat for a team photo Wednesday, putting on his uniform in an official capacity for the first time in about two months.

Kittles mostly has been absent from the picture for the Clippers this season, sidelined for all but 11 relief appearances because of a series of injuries, the team's hopes of reaching the playoffs dimmed without his leadership and late-game experience and his own future in the game clouded too.

Kittles, 30, also said "it's possible" that his latest and most serious injury, a degenerative disk in his lower back that has sidelined him since the middle of January, could be career-threatening.

In the last year of a contract that will pay him nearly $9.6 million this season, he presumably is set financially. His passion for basketball has not diminished, however, and he would like to play for several more seasons.

"I haven't lost my love for the game," he said, "but I'm not going to jeopardize my future. I can't hold my [11-month-old] daughter now. If I hold my daughter, it's not a good thing for me; it puts pressure on my spine. That's scary.

"I'm only 30 years old, so I've got to watch out."

He has endured three epidurals, only one of which helped alleviate the pain in his back, indicating that the problem is structural, he said.

He is about a month into a rehabilitation program designed to strengthen his back over six to eight weeks and "if I could make a turnaround in the next week or so, I'd probably have a chance" to play again this season.

"If not, I probably won't, realistically," Kittles added.

Barring an unexpected recovery, then, he almost certainly has played his last game for the Clippers, who are not expected to re-sign him after he becomes an unrestricted free agent July 1.

Kittles, though, showed up at training camp with a sore right knee, the result of arthroscopic surgery about a month before the trade in July. He sat out the season's first 10 games, reinjured the knee in practice after playing in only one game and was later sidelined because of groin and back injuries.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Hopefully he makes the right decision. I got a 10 month old and to not be able to hold her, oh it must be killing him.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm sure that Sterling does not mind Kittles being injured at all.

He brought Kittles in to reach the minimum salary required for an NBA team. And now he has insurance paying for him.

Sterling must make a killing in the NBA.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Told you guys, he would not play again.

Btw Kidd Karma I editted your post to cut down on some of the posts. We limit posting whole articles to quotes as it's against copy rights...

-Petey

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
That's horrible for Kittles...I forgot what we actually got for him but I guess it's good we got something before his year of injuries.

He never reached his full potential but with Kidd, seeing him run down the court like a gazette with RJ the cheetah and K-Mart the rhino was just a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Mogriffjr said:
That's horrible for Kittles...I forgot what we actually got for him but I guess it's good we got something before his year of injuries.

He never reached his full potential but with Kidd, seeing him run down the court like a gazette with RJ the cheetah and K-Mart the rhino was just a thing of beauty.
You've been watching too much Animal or Discovery Channel.:biggrin:
I think we got 2 first round picks (1 protected), and a TE (part of it was used to get Cliffy).

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
faNETicS said:
You've been watching too much Animal or Discovery Channel.:biggrin:
I think we got 2 first round picks (1 protected), and a TE (part of it was used to get Cliffy).
1 2nd round pick and the trade exception. Thorn had tried to get Wilcox, and according to someone, forget whom Simmons.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Petey said:
Told you guys, he would not play again.

Btw Kidd Karma I editted your post to cut down on some of the posts. We limit posting whole articles to quotes as it's against copy rights...

-Petey
I didn't post the article, but as a newbie, will try to remember that.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
1 2nd round pick and the trade exception. Thorn had tried to get Wilcox, and according to someone, forget whom Simmons.
-Petey
I stand corrected, Petey is right (what else is new?).
I kind of mixed the numbers (2 1st instead of 1 2nd) - the newb in me showing.

News Link

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I feel bad for Kerry, he gave alot to the Nets.

Maybe there is a silver lining...

No one will want him right now, and hopefully we'll have a good chance to get him down the road...

It would be great to see him run with Kidd again. Maybe mid next season?

Only question is, who gets to wear 30? Him or Cliffy?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Kidd Karma said:
I didn't post the article, but as a newbie, will try to remember that.
Sorry my bad tough guy.

Was all messed up this morning.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
faNETicS said:
I stand corrected, Petey is right (what else is new?).
I kind of mixed the numbers (2 1st instead of 1 2nd) - the newb in me showing.

News Link
After getting rejected for Wilcox and Simmons, attempting to ship him for SAR and that not working out (good thing it didn't as it was SAR for Kittles and A. Williams, meaning no Carter later), I think Ratner was just happy to clear cap space and some payroll.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
furnace said:
I feel bad for Kerry, he gave alot to the Nets.

Maybe there is a silver lining...

No one will want him right now, and hopefully we'll have a good chance to get him down the road...

It would be great to see him run with Kidd again. Maybe mid next season?

Only question is, who gets to wear 30? Him or Cliffy?
He owns a home out in LA. I don't think he's every coming back to the East Coast (He sold his home out of NJ).

-Petey

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Petey said:
He owns a home out in LA. I don't think he's every coming back to the East Coast (He sold his home out of NJ).

-Petey
Thought the Bayou would be his retirement home. Maybe Sterling made a killing selling Kittles a home out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts