Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"One source told ESPN.com that the New York Knicks had made Minnesota an offer that included the expiring contracts of Penny Hardaway ($15.7 million) and Antonio Davis ($13.9 million). But for such a trade to work under salary cap rules, the Knicks would also have to take back Sczcerbiak. One source close to several NBA players insisted that the viability of the Knicks' offer should not be dismissed, going so far as to say Garnett was making a private push through back channels to be dealt to New York and reunite with former teammate Stephon Marbury. "I'd bet money he'll be wearing a Knicks uniform by the end of February," the source said."

-ESPN.com
Apparently it's now on ESPN. Clearing money makes sense, but what Free Agents want to play in Minnesota, and who would want to play there without KG or talent?

I'd assume they will part with some of their young'ns like Ariza, Frye, Robinson or Lee?

-Petey

·
VAUDEVILLE VILLAIN
8,828 Posts
if thomas pulls this off then he will have outdone the VC trade. thatd be top 3 in the most unbelievably ridiculous one sided trades. darn those knickerbockers

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
I'm just going to link to this thread, and say that I think Nets1524512 was being too kind.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
That is just worthless. There has to be a better bunch of talent out there expiring or no. And the Knicks just don't even have a top pick to send out that way ... Fry haha not really.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
LOL are the nets fans panicking that the knicks might get KG. if this trade will go down, I'd love to see how many people will bash the knicks and still say they wont be able to compete

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Hbwoy said:
LOL are the nets fans panicking that the knicks might get KG. if this trade will go down, I'd love to see how many people will bash the knicks and still say they wont be able to compete

so you are a knick fan? you would love to see Nets fans panic?

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Nets1524512 said:
so you are a knick fan? you would love to see Nets fans panic?
Hell no, i dont like the knicks one bit. Well actually I like Frye and Lee thats about it

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Unless the Knicks also include a time machine, who knows why the Wolves would do this. They would have to throw in atleast one of the young guys they have (Frye, Robinson, Ariza), along with several draft picks for the Wolves to even think about this.

KG is about the only reason fans go to the games in Minnesota. If they move him (and wally) and get two over the hill players with expiring contracts...I'd be pissed if I was a wolves fan. KG isn't going anywhere unless an allstar is coming back.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
the twolves might as well not be a franchise anymore if they did this. reports say kg will not be traded this season, that they would want BOTH rj and vince and now this saying the knicks would give up scrubs for kg? lol very funny.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
I'm not implying that this potential trade benefits the Timberwolves, but if the owners were adamant on cutting salary (I don't know if they are) and having McHale rebuild the team, this would certainly be an option. The players that the Timberwolves get do not matter. They are just expiring contracts. Essentially, they would be trading Garnett for money (they would be saving $110,000,000+) and obtaining good young players (Ariza, Frye, Lee...) along with draft picks. The trade isn't ridiculous, but it isn't likely to happen.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
If Isiah Thomas does get this trade approved then I will actually consider him a real GM. The Knicks must be retarded though no offense, if they think they are going to get "The Big Ticket" in exchange for those two players. Minnesota is not stupid, that is their franchise player.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Penny Hardaway and Antonio Davis have very valuable contracts if a team wants to dump a good player with a horrible contract at the deadline (see: Baron Davis and Antoine Walker [Dallas]).

They will be traded by the deadline.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Premier said:
Penny Hardaway and Antonio Davis have very valuable contracts if a team wants to dump a good player with a horrible contract at the deadline (see: Baron Davis and Antoine Walker [Dallas]).

They will be traded by the deadline.
Not too many understand the fact that its a bunchload of money that would be saved by those contracts.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Premier said:
I'm not implying that this potential trade benefits the Timberwolves, but if the owners were adamant on cutting salary (I don't know if they are) and having McHale rebuild the team, this would certainly be an option. The players that the Timberwolves get do not matter. They are just expiring contracts. Essentially, they would be trading Garnett for money (they would be saving $110,000,000+) and obtaining good young players (Ariza, Frye, Lee...) along with draft picks. The trade isn't ridiculous, but it isn't likely to happen.

Preach on brother. A 100 mill plus come on now, does that sound so bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts