Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
...and lost by 11. Whatever. The Lakers won't be meeting the Nets in the playoffs, so Kobe's 'achievements' don't matter. Yay, another 50 point game in yet another loss... wow.

I don't care about an individual's offense when the opposing team has 7 players in double figure scoring against his team. Eh.

·
Registered
14,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you only like basketball when the Nets are playing?

50 point games don't happen everyday and it's an achievement when they do.

If you don't want to know about Kobe's latest massively huge game then just don't read the read. You already know what it's going to be about if you look at the title.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Sue? D'Oh! said:
You realize you are talking about a team over .500 and currently in the playoffs?
Immaterial to his point...he scored 51, but they lost. How good of a game could he have had if they lost by double digits? A good game is not measured [solely] by the stat sheet at the end of the game. It's measured by what's on the scoreboard when the maintenance people turn it off and go home.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
Yep. A team a few games over .500 and that will accomplish nothing in the playoffs.

Plus, I just don't care for Kobe to begin with, and never have. I don't like his attitude or his game. He's a great scorer. So what?

·
Registered
14,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Krstic All Star said:
Yep. A team a few games over .500 and that will accomplish nothing in the playoffs.

Plus, I just don't care for Kobe to begin with, and never have. I don't like his attitude or his game. He's a great scorer. So what?
Like the Nets will do much more. They might get past the 1st round but they won't win the NBA or even Eastern Conf. championships.

Like I said before. If you don't want to hear about Kobe then don't read the freaking thread. If you just take the time to look at the title you will know what it is about.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
...and they lost. VC would never go off for 40 or 50 pts & his team still loses even if he was on a bad team.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
Sue? D'Oh! said:
Like the Nets will do much more. They might get past the 1st round but they won't win the NBA or even Eastern Conf. championships.

Like I said before. If you don't want to hear about Kobe then don't read the freaking thread. If you just take the time to look at the title you will know what it is about.
The difference is that the Nets are a team. Vince Carter can have a bad game and they still have a chance. That's what basketball is all about.

I read the title of the thread, and gave my response. I'm certain that a thread in the Lakers forum mentioning a great VC game would go similarly remarked upon.

Plus, Kobe's a victim of his own stats. Averaging 35 ppg means that 50 isn't so far from his 'normal' numbers. Especially after scoring in the Sixties and Eighties already this season. Those were impressive - but mean that later, lesser numbers aren't going to be noted the same way.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Kobe got 51, so what? and did he win? tell me later if he got 82 points or 101 points, or 51 points is not a big news.Iverson scored 53 or 54 points this season, but it didn't matter.

And you should relax yourself, don't be so rush to retort the repliers, so childlike.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Sue? D'Oh! said:
While when you only play hard enough to get that 40 or 50 once in a blue moon...

He doesn't need to score consitently 40or more for his team to win, which is waht's required from kobe. Unfortunately, kobe has been scoring 40+ in the past two games and they both resulted in L, they're tied for 8th place and NOK are coming, and all this guy can think of is Kobe scoring 50 ( when he scored 81 before this season)

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
If you took Jason Kidd off the Nets and put them in the best division in the NBA, would they be 40-37?

No.

That's why Phil Jackson is the best coach in the league.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
...and they lost. VC would never go off for 40 or 50 pts & his team still loses even if he was on a bad team.
If he were on the 2006 Lakers, the plan would be exactly that.

The Lakers have only one advantage over the other team, and they exploit it for all it's worth.

That team is an unbelievable success story. They were 34-48 last season and didn't improve their roster one bit. By all rights they should be the west coast version of the Knicks.

It's amazing what an elite coach can do for a franchise.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
Not impressive Kobe... after what you did in Toronto!

-Petey

·
VAUDEVILLE VILLAIN
8,816 Posts
why would someone post this in a nets forum and then have the nerve to get mad when no one really cares? especially when we've seen better from kobe already this season.

and if i didnt know any better id say ghoti liked kobe bryant and ,dare i think it, the lakers... FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.