Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Really it doesnt because before he was the Bulls GM he was a Baseball scout..Pretty good one too..

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In another move, the team also hired former Chicago Bulls general manager Jerry Krause in a scouting role. Krause was GM for the Bulls from 1985-2002 and retired late last season, citing health problems.

A two-time NBA executive of the year, Krause was a baseball scout before coming to the Bulls.

Here

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!
Something about that makes me wanna laugh.. I just heard it on ESPNews
I saw Krause on PBS this past Saturday doing sideline commentary for a Westinghouse HS bball game. He wasn't half bad either. Krause is officially knicknamed 'Odd Job'

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Wow, that is pretty cool actually. Thanks for the info and news.

-Petey

·
Registered
835 Posts
Isn't that the same job George Castanza had on Seinfeld? I guess Krause takes over for Georgie.

Krause and George Castanza are about the same. I just saw the episode last night where George is trying to get fired by Stienbrenner and dresses up in a skin colored body suit and streaks across the field. I hope Krause doesn't streak.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sinkingship</b>!
I hope Krause doesn't streak.
if he does im sure some drunk yankee fans will throw some batteries at him. i hate the yankees anyway so i hope they gotta see krause streaking.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
This is an interesting move by Krause. Going back to his roots. Good luck to him; I'm sure he'll do a good job.

By the way, I'd love to go on a scouting trip with Jerry. Just to hear him describe all the players would be one of the more interesting experiences of my life.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I just realized, the Baseball season is more then twice as long as the NBA's. Didn't he quit due to health issues? Heh...

-Petey

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
I don't care how long the season is, I actually believe that the Bulls job was very capable of affecting ol' Crumbs' health. I don't have his job and his job has negatively affected my stress level for years.

Plus I think the stress level of a scout is different from and much less severe than the stress level of a GM.

Besides, we all know Krause was forced out...no need to belabor the point.:|

Personally, I'm happy for him.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
I don't care how long the season is, I actually believe that the Bulls job was very capable of affecting ol' Crumbs' health. I don't have his job and his job has negatively affected my stress level for years.

Plus I think the stress level of a scout is different from and much less severe than the stress level of a GM.

Besides, we all know Krause was forced out...no need to belabor the point.:|

Personally, I'm happy for him.
I'd agree they are different levels of stress. Didn't think of that.

-Petey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts