Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all the bad moves he has made on trades, his record in the draft is pretty damn good. Trevor Ariza, Channing Frye, Nate Robinson and David Lee, taken at 43, 8, 21 and 30 were all good picks. Frye and Lee in particular look good.

I thought the Knicks had made a bad choice taking Frye so high. Wrong. He is averaging 12 and 6 in limited minutes and is 14th in the NBA in free throw percentage as well as 18th in points per 48 minutes [28.3]!

I liked Lee a lot and hoped the Nets could grab him at 43. Too bad. He is leading the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes [23.5] and in offensive rebounds per 48 minutes [10.4] and is second in defensive rebounds per 48 minutes [13.1].

Both of them are in the top 20 in Efficiency Ranking per 48: Frye is 16, Lee is 18. Frye right now looks like a better choice that Sean May and maybe even Charlie Villanueva.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Too bad all those moves still don't change Jamal Crawford, James Jones, Stephon Marbury, and all the other bonehead stuff he's done.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Charlie Vilanueva is no slouch either

Little early, but so far I too like most of their draft picks.

I thought Sweetney could of been real good for them too

·
Registered
907 Posts
VC posterized me said:
Too bad all those moves still don't change Jamal Crawford, James Jones, Stephon Marbury, and all the other bonehead stuff he's done.
But still, let us give credit where credit is due.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VC posterized me said:
It's like he is a GM schizophrenic...all his trades turn to crap, all his draft choices turn to gold.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetIncome said:
For all the bad moves he has made on trades, his record in the draft is pretty damn good. Trevor Ariza, Channing Frye, Nate Robinson and David Lee, taken at 43, 8, 21 and 30 were all good picks. Frye and Lee in particular look good.

I thought the Knicks had made a bad choice taking Frye so high. Wrong. He is averaging 12 and 6 in limited minutes and is 14th in the NBA in free throw percentage as well as 18th in points per 48 minutes [28.3]!

I liked Lee a lot and hoped the Nets could grab him at 43. Too bad. He is leading the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes [23.5] and in offensive rebounds per 48 minutes [10.4] and is second in defensive rebounds per 48 minutes [13.1].

Both of them are in the top 20 in Efficiency Ranking per 48: Frye is 16, Lee is 18. Frye right now looks like a better choice that Sean May and maybe even Charlie Villanueva.
Thomas has always drafted well, look at this picks with the Raptors, granted he always was in position to draft an impact player.

-Petey

·
Registered
873 Posts
Stefan Nellemoes said:
But still, let us give credit where credit is due.
I should give credit to a GM because he can draft players but can't sign/trade....that's like giving credit to a singer who can only dance.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VC posterized me said:
I should give credit to a GM because he can draft players but can't sign/trade....that's like giving credit to a singer who can only dance.
No more like a singer with limited range...who doesnt realize it.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
I can't understand how he drafts so well...

then blows the summer by signing Jerome James to a 30 million deal.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Net2 said:
I can't understand how he drafts so well...

then blows the summer by signing Jerome James to a 30 million deal.
Cause his funds are unlimited and he can risks?

-Petey

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
NetIncome said:

kendel gill averaged 20pts on the nets **** teams!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts