Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I think the slam competition, is probably really hard on the joints, and he is just trying to use caution.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
I think the slam competition, is probably really hard on the joints, and he is just trying to use caution.
I would agree except he is slamming the rim pretty regular now. Isn't is safe to say if it is risky then (in over a week)...it is risky now?

I mean-he IS LeBron. If his ankle will be at risk then-he shouldn't be playing now. I just think it is odd.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
He probably said that when he wasn't sure about his ankle but now that it feels better it's probably too late for him to call the NBA and ask to be in. That's my theory.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
probably couldnt afford to lose with all the hype about him - itd be almost expected , but if he muffs it ......

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Sterns not going to let his new great pay day explode to quickly, he needs Lebron to mature like a fine wine. Anticipation makes the NBA fans wallets grow fonder! Stern knows this! First he plays in the rookie game, next year maybe the slam dunk contest and the all star game and then the following year his team makes the playoffs.

Melo will be handled just like Lebron however Melo will make the playoffs this year. At the same time a new more intense rivalry will be set up between the two of them. Wait and see!

Stern is the NBA's version of cheesy Vince from the WWE!

I really think it's a HUGE mistake to have a commissioner that has never played the game calling the shots for players and coaches that have! I feel that way on every pro sports level. The NBA has suffered because it's not run like a sport rather a business and that's why it's lost so many true fans.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
ok, I've sat by as a mod, and allowed you to say a lot of things that have crossed the line (not really)...but this one, takes the cake. How can you, in the year 2004, dare to compare these two men with each other?

You have thoroughly crossed the line Terrible.
it is not only an insult to men world wide, but it is an insult to fans of the sport.

I cannot, and will not allow you to ever disparage the name of Vincent Kennedy McMahon, by comparing him to David Stern, ever again!

Atleast Vince admits it's pre-determined.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
You're right, I'm bitter the Blazers have been a heel for six years now jobbing teams like the Spurs, Lakers and Nets. It's time for our boys to be pushed over!;)

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
Hay man, I will have you know Vince is a genius. I will not go into the whole history of wrestling but if it wasn't for Mr. McMahon no one would ever heard of Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, The Undertaker, or many other legendary wrestlers.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Epadfield</b>!

Hay man, I will have you know Vince is a genius. I will not go into the whole history of wrestling but if it wasn't for Mr. McMahon no one would ever heard of Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, The Undertaker, or many other legendary wrestlers.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? ;)

Anyway, a slam dunk contest encourages all sorts of contortions and potentially tough landings. I'm sure the Rookie game will be some risk, but not nearly as much as the dunk contest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts