Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOXSports.com is reporting that Don Chaney has been fired as coach of the New York Knicks, and Lenny Wilkens has been hired to replace him.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

Isaiah was fired by bird, people who know - know that Isaiah is classless.

What he has put chaney through was the most unprofessional debacle - I have heard of by a GM.

His (Thoms's exit) from MSG will be the final nail in the coffin for this hearltess creature. It seems only fitting that 1/2 hearted lenny Wilkens will be a part of his legacy.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I thought that the Tsar was a lock for the job. Lenny Wilkens! LOL! Between him, Isiah, and Brendan Malone, the Knick's get all our sloppy-seconds.

Isiah can destroy the team from within, and Lenny can let the team crumble in public. It's a lose-lose situation for New York.

I still can't believe this. There are loads of great coaches out there, like Dwane Casey, just waiting to get a chance at their own team.. but the egomaniacal dictator Isiah Thomas (who has been working players out, NOT something a GM would typically have anything to do with) and the lackadasical fossil Lenny Wilkins make for one strange, idiotic pairing.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!
i thought it was fratello?
somebody leaked that it was, but nothing was final earlier. This is final

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We will get a good amount of time to see Lenny's first game tonight on The Score's CourtSurfing, which starts at 8PM EST.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well it wont be on court surfing tonight....Because wilkens wont be coaching tonight....It says he'll speak to press tomorrow during press conference(which will most likely be on score) and then coach knicks NEXT game

·
Registered
362 Posts
when Lenny was fired, we still had to pay his 5 million a year until the contract ran out right?? So now that is over, what does this money we will be saving buy us? we dont get extra cap room because of this right?

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Red_Bandit</b>!
when Lenny was fired, we still had to pay his 5 million a year until the contract ran out right?? So now that is over, what does this money we will be saving buy us? we dont get extra cap room because of this right?
THERE'S a question! I hadn't thought of this. Anyone have an idea of how this works?

·
Registered
609 Posts
THERE'S a question! I hadn't thought of this. Anyone have an idea of how this works?
I'm not sure how it works I havnt' heard anything like this in the past so I dont' know.
i thought it was fratello?
Fratello wanted a longer contract. Lenny's only going to be around for the season. Could this be the sign that Zeke will coach next season?

This was in a ESPN collumn. I laughed my *** off

<i>One more reason not to like this Knicks move. Wilkens is a last name that feeds right into the next sing-song chant at Madison Square Garden.

"Fi-re Wil-kens."

It flows a lot like "Fi-re Lay-den." Or "Fi-re Cha-ney."

There's a lot less flow to "Fi-re Fra-tel-lo."</i>
Good Read

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!

What the raps have to pay him is:

= $5million - What he gets paid in NY

That was a stipulation in his contract.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah! Lenny Wilkens! He's back! The coach with the most wins in NBA history! Of this is GREAT for New York! Yeah...or is it? Oh yeah, he's also got the most losses!

Okay okay, of course he's probably gonna have the most losses sicne he's coach for a LONG time, but is this really the right choice for New York? I mean, usually when you fire a coach, you want to get a coach that's the exact OPPOSITE of the previous coach! For example, Raps fired Wilkens and hired Kevin O'Neill, the ANTI-Wilkens! Now, Isiah Thomas fired Don Chaney and hired Lenny Wilkens, who isn't that much different!

Sure, in my opinion, Chaney should've been fired from the beginning, but Wilkens is the LAST coach you hire! Understand that a coach that's been around for a long time usually loses motivation! Look at Pat Riley! He's been a coach for a long time and just lost the motivation to coach! Riley's already won a championship so he doesn't have to prove anything! Same with Wilkens! New York should've gotten a coach that's determined to win a championship!

"Fi-re Wil-kens."
So how long do we have to wait until we hear this chant?

·
Registered
731 Posts
ya, i think they have a big chance of making it to the playoffs too... by the last two games, Marbury is back to himself.... and Lenny is not that bad, its just that one season when 12 out of 15 guys is injured on the Rap's roster, can't really blame him for that.. besides, he's the one who took the Raps to the semi, and won 9 (or something) in a row and lost the game on the 5th game against the Pistons....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts