Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Arachnid of the MPT
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it appears that the Magic have dealt Howard to the Lakers in a four-team deal.

I bring this up since we have three A-10 alumns on the Magic roster (Jameer Nelson, Justin Harper, and Andrew Nicholson).

Some reports have Andrew Nicholson being traded away.

How will this impact the latter half of Jameer's career?

Does it open an opportunity for Harper to show what he could do in the NBA?

How does Andrew Nicholson figure into the Magic's plans?

·
Registered
880 Posts
From what I gather: Harper could be pinched in this deal, because it leaves the Magic with a ton of upfront depth. Hopefully, they trade some of that for a young PG, since Jameer isn't getting younger. Or, maybe they just sign Tu and bring in more A-10 talent. Either way, it'd be nice to see them go super young and give Harper some minutes.

I haven't seen anything about Nicholson being traded, and I don't know how I'd feel about that. As much disarray as there is in Orlando, this could be a good team after 3-4 years of rebuilding...with Andrew as a pivotal player in the turnaround. However, selfishly, I'd like to see him closer to Bonas. THe new GM seems to really like Nicholson and O'Quinn, and I'm not sure that Nicholson has proven enough to be worht trading at the moment (they don't need any more middle round picks).

The fanbase is quite divided on the deal, but all seem to universally hate Chris Duhon (Dudu) with a vehemence that makes me laugh.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
The Magic are in obvious rebuilding mode. Too many bad contracts and then the Dwightmare. They got cute after they were in the finals with the Lakers and just added bums. They only needed to tweak maybe one or two spots but they went crazy picking up crappy players with big contracts. Jameer just resigned a nice deal. They are on a youth kick including the GM and Coach. Don't think they will trade Andrew cuz they like him a lot already.

They were destined to come out bad on this trade after they turned down the Lopez deal. Nobody in Orlando wanted to see #12 back with his rotten attitude, so they did the best they could. They got zippo for Shaq, so they at least learned something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts