1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
The kid has talent and he would be really good in a motion offense kind of setup

On the other side of the pond, a guy who some thought would be going number 1, Joakim Noah says the NBA game is boring and he is having fun in college. Hence one quality big man is out of the draft.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Diaz is an explosive combo guard that would probably help our bench with his scoring. He'd be a nice pick if we got a big man first, but I'm pretty sure he has a bad knee(or some lingering injury) and if it's close to being a problem during physicals, I doubt we'll take a risk.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
NJ Grand NJ said:
Diaz is an explosive combo guard that would probably help our bench with his scoring. He'd be a nice pick if we got a big man first, but I'm pretty sure he has a bad knee(or some lingering injury) and if it's close to being a problem during physicals, I doubt we'll take a risk.
He played with that bad knee all year and I could barely notice the difference. Am hoping this scares some GMs' off and he drops. Everytime I see him play, you can just tell he his more talented than everyone else on the court

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hbwoy said:
The kid has talent and he would be really good in a motion offense kind of setup

On the other side of the pond, a guy who some thought would be going number 1, Joakim Noah says the NBA game is boring and he is having fun in college. Hence one quality big man is out of the draft.
If Florida wins the national championship, wins Most Outstanding Player, and might be projected as a lottery pick. Why would he stay?

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
Net2 said:
If Florida wins the national championship, wins Most Outstanding Player, and might be projected as a lottery pick. Why would he stay?
Because he doesnt need the money, his dad apparently was a tennis player and made some money of that. Some guy on the draft board also said his dad is a musician in Europe making big money. They were talking about it on Around the Horn, it seems he wont be going to the NBA afterall.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Yeah, if Noah came out, championship or not, he'd probably be a top 5 pick, that's how much his stock has come up.

IMO, once he sees that he's going to go top 5, he has to be a fool to stay another year considering next years class is going to be a lot better then this years.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
NJ Grand NJ said:
Yeah, if Noah came out, championship or not, he'd probably be a top 5 pick, that's how much his stock has come up.

IMO, once he sees that he's going to go top 5, he has to be a fool to stay another year considering next years class is going to be a lot better then this years.
But he doesnt need the money. And outside of Oden for next year's class, Noah is just as good as any of those guys coming behind. He will be a top 5 pick if he plays the same way he did this year.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Hbwoy said:
But he doesnt need the money. And outside of Oden for next year's class, Noah is just as good as any of those guys coming behind. He will be a top 5 pick if he plays the same way he did this year.
That's a big if. Another big if is if he stays healthy. His dad may have money, but there comes a time when you grow up and need your own. I'm the first to say people should stay in school, but when that much money presents itself you need to take care of yourself first and foremost.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
He lives with two other guys that have NBA aspirations also. All 3 have said they are returning for the next season. I really think the kid is enjoying college. Matt leinart, Peyton manning anyone?

Weirder things have happened though, so yes he could leave after all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Diaz is a great player. I go to the U, and he is the real deal. Great player off the bench, but he's not tall maybe 6 2, 6 1. I saw him yesterday and I was nearly his height. He also doesn't play too much point so not sure his position but he's def explosive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.