Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
these 2 are couple of my favs. The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and the Salt Lake City Buzz (who are now known as the Bees I guess)

How about the Montgomery Biscuits?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That Salt Lake city one is pretty cool and old school, they just need to dress it up a little. The Montgomery Biscuits might possibly have stolen the title from the Rumble Ponies as the worst team name/logo out there. I'm sure there are probably other equally bad ones, but biscuits? Geez.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
The googly eyes on the Biscuit logo is probably the best part. It's like food version of Muppets that are nightmare fuel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rocket City Trash Pandas, AA affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels.

“Rocket city” is somewhere in Alabama. Lovely town I’m sure, but “trash pandas” ???

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Montgomery Biscuits is an awesome name, and an awesome logo! The tongue is a pat of butter!

Rumble Ponies was because Binghamton was like where they produced all the Carousel horses or something.... is considered the "Carousel Capital of the World." I don't like it and think it's terrible, but hey, if you're only known for that...

The Brooklyn Cyclones are named after the Coney Island rollercoaster, and their ballpark is at Coney Island.

Other cool names that make sense with their origin stories:
Akron Rubberducks (Akron is a huge rubber producer)
Albququerque Isotopes (from the Simpsons episode where the Springfield Isotopes were going to move to Albququerque)
Augusta GreenJackets
Lansing Lugnuts
Modesto Nuts
Norfolk Tides (better when they were the Tidewater Tides)
Round Rock Express
San Antonio Missions
Tennessee Smokies

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
The googly eyes on the Biscuit logo is probably the best part. It's like food version of Muppets that are nightmare fuel.
Totally random train of thought that popped into my mind because of Googly Eyes. The scene in New Girl when Jess is wearing an eye patch because of an injury, so she puts a googly eye on it, that made me laugh.

Much like -- not quite googly eyes, but -- in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt when Kimmy sees her backpack as like a living thing, and it becomes a puppet... that scene where she sits with the backpack down by the water was one of the funniest damned things I've seen. I lost my shit and had to rewind and rewatch it like 12 times.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Totally random train of thought that popped into my mind because of Googly Eyes. The scene in New Girl when Jess is wearing an eye patch because of an injury, so she puts a googly eye on it, that made me laugh.

Much like -- not quite googly eyes, but -- in Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt when Kimmy sees her backpack as like a living thing, and it becomes a puppet... that scene where she sits with the backpack down by the water was one of the funniest damned things I've seen. I lost my shit and had to rewind and rewatch it like 12 times.
How much weed had you smoked?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

How much weed had you smoked?

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Good to see the Lookouts made the list and they rep them for being the same since 1885.

Intimidators in Kannapolis use to be the Spartanburg Phillies, and I had season tickets.
Was sorry to see them move and change names. We can't get a new team because Greenville down the road got one, and they're too close to us.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Speaking of minor league baseball, former Orioles organization pitcher and the inspiration for Nuke LaLoosh, Steve Dalkowski, died yesterday at 80 from coronavirus complications. He actually did bean a mascot once and on another occasion mixed up a sign and threw a fastball when the catcher was expecting the hook. The ball went right to the mask of the umpire, breaking it in three places and knocking the umpire out cold.

·
Piker
8,945 Posts

Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts