Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since it's slow today hopefully the benevelont and ever wise moderators here will let me get by with a OT thread, if not, I'm sicking the dancing banana's on them.

Anyways, I borrowed a buddys PS2 last night and rented NBA Street. I found it to be pretty darn fun. I was wondering if anyone else here had played it, if they had any tips on doing combo's or any cheat codes. Also, just general opinions on how folks fely about it.. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Ok, since it's slow today hopefully the benevelont and ever wise moderators here will let me get by with a OT thread, if not, I'm sicking the dancing banana's on them.

Anyways, I borrowed a buddys PS2 last night and rented NBA Street. I found it to be pretty darn fun. I was wondering if anyone else here had played it, if they had any tips on doing combo's or any cheat codes. Also, just general opinions on how folks fely about it.. Thanks!
Gamebreakers - turbo + special move (repeatedly) will get you positive points and subtract whatever amount you scored from the opposition

NBA Street is off the hook.

VD

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I agree, it is off the hook, very fun game. Usually I like the more team oriented games like live and 2k2. My fave is NBA inside drive on X-box.

I know how to do the gamebreakers but it seems like all I can ever get off to build points are the double moves. I really wish I could figure out how to do some more elaborate trick moves to get my points up more quickly.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
I've got Xbox and NBA Inside Drive 2002 -- it's a lot of fun. But NBA Street is the one reason I wish I had a PS2 instead!

Anyway, this page seems to have a lot of what you're looking for. (It's hard to read -- highlight the whole page to see the text better.)

·
Registered
235 Posts
i'm actually the biggest fan of NBA Street... Street is about the only game i play [except for live 2000 on the PC, can't wait till live 03 comes out!!]

but anywaiz, some tips that i know you'll enjoy

one of the most fun things about Street is building up your creat-a-player to full stats and 8'0"

but it takes forever to get those creat-a-player points! here's what you do...

the most efficient way to get trick points is not by doing a bunch of moves and dunks... but on every play, always try to get the combo with a dinner's served... that's an automatic 18,000 right there... and by doing this on almost every play, when you get to around 19-20 points, you should have at least 400,000 trick pts total and on the brink of your 3rd gamebreaker... with that 3 gamebreaker, use it on the last point to dunk and bust the rim [making sure you combo it] ... this way, you'll be well over 500, 000 and can earn 100 create a player points [the most possible]

this will definitely speed up the process of building your guy

have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts