Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to preface this by saying that my college basketball knowledge is lacking.

The NCAA Tournament is starting right now. You can't be a basketball fan and not want to watch as much of this tournament as possible. I'm sure that we all have our brackets. I am also quite interested in the NBA prospects that are in the tournament. Here's a bit of a breakdown:

Chicago
This is BC's bracket, so it is of some local interest to us. I have Arizona coming out of this bracket to the final four after an upset of Illinois. I think the best game might be the Arizona-Oklahoma State meeting that I think we should see in the Sweet 16.

Players to watch: Dee Brown, Luther Head, James Augustine (Illinois); Daniel Gibson (Texas); Kennedy Winston (Alabama); Craigh Smith (Boston College); Brandon Bass (LSU); Channing Frye, Salim Stoudamire (Arizona); JamesOn Curry, Joey Graham (Oklahoma State)

Albuquerque
No local teams, but our beloved former leader, Rick Pitino, is in this bracket. Its also a point guard bracket with Nate Robinson (Washington), Jarret Jack (Georgia Tech), and the star Chris Paul (Wake Forrest) all in this one. I have Paul leading Wake to the Final Four. The Sweet 16 games that I predicted both look like fun with Wake Forrest over Gonzaga and Georgia Tech over Washington.

Players to watch: Nate Robinson (Washington); Chris Taft (Pittsburgh); Jarret Jack, Luke Schenscher (Georgia Tech); Pops Mensah-Bonseu (George Washington); Francisco Garcia (Louisville); Dijon Thompson (UCLA); Adam Morrison, Ronny Turiaf (Gonzaga); Kevin Pittsnoggle (West Virginia); Chris Paul, Eric Williams (Wake Forrest)

Syracuse
This is supposed to be the top bracket with three teams that had a case for a number one seed at some point in the year. Also interesting is that a North Carolina-Kansas matchup is very much possible, but I don't see it happening. The best match-ups I see happening are UConn-Kansas and UConn-North Carolina.

Players to watch: Raymond Felton, Marvin Williams, Sean May, Rashad McCants, Jawad Williams (North Carolina); Allen Ray (Villanova); Danny Granger (New Mexico); David Lee, Anthony Roberson (Florida); Wayne Simmien, Keith Langford (Kansas); Julius Hodge (NC State); Charlie Villanueva, Josh Boone, Rashad Anderson, Rudy Gay (UConn)

Austin
This is probably the weakest bracket as Duke and Kentucky should both roll through to the Elite Eight. I have Duke winning that matchup to make the Final Four. There are a lot of fun players to watch and Vermont which is a team that I think most everyone in New England would love to see have some success.

Players to watch: Shavlik Randolph, JJ Reddick (Duke); Hakim Warrick, Gerry McNamara (Syracuse); Taylor Coppenrath (Vermont); Andrew Bougut (Utah); Kevin Bookout, Taj Grey (Oklahoma); Klienna Azabuke, Randolph Morris, Rajon Rondo (Kentucky)

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Final Four is Arizona over Wake Forrest and North Carolina over Duke in the game of the tournament. North Carolina will take the final.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
My bracket:

1st Round

Illinois beating Fair Dickinson
Texas beating Nevada
Wis-Milwaukee beating Alabama
BC beating Penn
LSU beating UAB
Arizona beating Utah St.
Southern Ill beating St. Mary's
OSU beating SE Louisi
ana

Washington beating Montana
Pittsburgh beating Pacific
Georgia Tech beating G. Washington
Lousiville beatin LA Lafayette
Texas Tech beating UCLA
Gonzaga beating Winthrop
West Virginia beating Creighton
Wake beating Chattanooga

UNC beating Oakland
Iowa St beating Minnesota
Villanova beating New Mexico
Florida beating Ohio

Wisconsin beating N. Iowa
Kansas beating Bucknell
NC State beating Charlotte
UCONN beating UCF

Duke beating Delaware St.
Miss St. beating Stanford
Michigan St beating Old Dominion

Syracuse beating Vermont

Utah beating UTEP
Oklahoma beating Niagara
Cincinnati beating Iowa

Kentucky beating E. Kentucky

2nd Round

Illinois beating Texas
BC beating Wis-Milwaukee
Arizona beating LSU
OSU beating Southern Ill

Washington beating Pittsburgh
Georgia Tech beating Louisville
Gonzaga beating Texas Tech
Wake beating Creighton

UNC beating Iowa St.
Villanova beating Ohio

Kansas beating Wisconson
UCONN beating NC State

Duke beating Miss. St
Syracuse beating Michigan St.
Utah beating Oklahoma
Kentucky beating Cincinnati

Sweet Sixteen

Illinois beating BC
OSU beating Arizona

Georgia Tech beating Washington
Wake beating Gonzaga

UNC beating Villanova
UCONN beating Kansas

Duke beating Syracuse

Kentucky beating Utah

Elite Eight

Illinois beating OSU

Wake beating Georgia Tech

UNC beating UCONN
Duke beating Kentucky

Final Four

Illinois beating Wake
UNC beating Duke

National Championship

UNC beating Illinois

·
Registered
610 Posts
Lanteri said:
My final four is Louisville over Oklahoma State and UConn over Duke. Uconn wins.
Mine almost mirror's that...
I got Louisville over OK state.. Duke over Uconn and Louisville taking the crown...

How can you go against Rick Pitino in the Tourney ????

PdP

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Well for Celtics fans the Final Four should have been:

Kansas- PP & RL
Ok St- TA
Kentucky- AW
Pitt-even though they already lost- MB

I got KU over OK st

·
Registered
610 Posts
goNBAjayhawks said:
I got KU over OK st
Even without Langford ?

PdP

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Bsktbllplayr25 said:
my only notable upset is Vermont upseting Syracuse.. i just can't help it!
Great call. I thought Warrick = Coppenrath, but Vermont's other guys played very well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
thanks, i just had a gut feeling all week about this and i couldn't resist, i'm very glad i took the gamble. i knew that coppenrath and warrick would equal each other out and the vermont supporting cast would have to step up and be the difference maker, and boy did they! GO CATS GO.. ON TO THE NEXT ROUND!

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How bad does your bracket look?

I have 7-8 in Alberquerque, 9-6 in Austin, and 7-7 in Syracuse. But I am 12-2 in Chicago. Half my final four (Duke, Wake Forrest) is already gone and I need Arizona to upset Illinois to get half in there.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
my bracket is totally screwed

i had wake, duke, n.c., and illinois in the final 4 and as you can see only 2 remain & this illini game is unreal

·
Registered
453 Posts
that was a pathetic ending for Arizona, i would be devastated.. Illinois went on a 16-2 run i think in like the last 4 minutes of regulation to tie it up.. wow.. then on Arizona's last possesion in over time, they totally screwed up at took an awful shot, i was also very pissed.. along with my friend, who's bracket is now finished because of that.. mine are looking pretty ****ty as well.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Kentucky blew it today. None of their players could get a rebound to save their lives in the first overtime. If WV didn't get that rebound that lead to 3, 3 attempts Kentucky would have won the game.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts