Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nets coach Byron Scott was fired this morning and will be replaced by Lawrence Frank, according to the New York Daily News.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
wow, i still dont get why some of the good coaches get fired. paul silas, carlise, george karl, isah thomas, doc rivers and now scott. all these coaches worked well with what they had, and with the exception of karl and thomas, all of these their teams were overachieving. it's not like they had one of the worst record in the league like the raptors with wilkens. i guess no coaches' job is safe.

maybe we fan fire o'neil and get scott, lol. there are a lot of good coaches out there right now.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>c_dog</b>!
wow, i still dont get why some of the good coaches get fired. paul silas, carlise, george karl, isah thomas, doc rivers and now scott. all these coaches worked well with what they had, and with the exception of karl and thomas, all of these their teams were overachieving. it's not like they had one of the worst record in the league like the raptors with wilkens. i guess no coaches' job is safe.

maybe we fan fire o'neil and get scott, lol. there are a lot of good coaches out there right now.
I agree about Silas, Ricky, and Doc.

Karl is hugely overrated and never deserved that enormous contract. Thomas is an egomaniacal control-fiend. Scott is stubborn and made enemies with the "franchise".

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
This coaching transaction has officially surpassed the dumping of the former Avalanche coach early last season, just because they were 3 games under .500 (a coach who won the championship coincidently the previous season)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts