Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well give this week it's own place.

My thoughts? No contest at all. Might have been a game if Moore was healthy, but otherwise... Oregon needs to make a statement to the BCS honchos, too, so I see very little mercy.

Oregon 56
Oregon State 17

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
chris_in_pdx said:
Might as well give this week it's own place.

My thoughts? No contest at all. Might have been a game if Moore was healthy, but otherwise... Oregon needs to make a statement to the BCS honchos, too, so I see very little mercy.

Oregon 56
Oregon State 17
although OSU isn't playing great, neither is UO..but I do expect a UO win, but not by 39.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I predict oregon by 30 plus, I got this quote from Sports Illustrated on campus.

"It might be the safest campus in the conference, but it's easily the dullest as well. The school that consistently gets tabbed as the worst in the Pac-10 resides in Corvallis, a farm town that is as lazy as the bend in the Willamette River. Most visiting teams choose to stay an hour's drive south in Eugene near the Oregon campus rather than in Beaver country."

I guess it has nothing to do with their football program, but this is the smack talking thread!!! :banana:

·
Registered
684 Posts
My prediction: Ducks will outplay the Beavs for the entire game, but stupid mistakes will prevent the Ducks from finishing the game off. 31 - 17

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
sabas4mvp said:
I predict oregon by 30 plus, I got this quote from Sports Illustrated on campus.

"It might be the safest campus in the conference, but it's easily the dullest as well. The school that consistently gets tabbed as the worst in the Pac-10 resides in Corvallis, a farm town that is as lazy as the bend in the Willamette River. Most visiting teams choose to stay an hour's drive south in Eugene near the Oregon campus rather than in Beaver country."

I guess it has nothing to do with their football program, but this is the smack talking thread!!! :banana:
the funny thing is, it's not one of the worst in the pac-10 for what it offers, it's just not "big name" like the rest. Also, it's not like they "choose" to do stay or not, there isn't (sadly) a decent place to stay.

And, iirc (and someone else might know htis better than I)..wasn't OSU considered better than UO in a lot of areas (non sports wise..you know, actual important things)?

(hm..one study I found had OSU 10, UO 9..at 80 and 85 respectively...altho I think it's a sarcastic "post" that I'm referencing)

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
If we had Kellen then this game the Beavs should just agree that we would win.But we don't so Dixon and Brady aren't the best quarter backs good defense very good rbs but we dont use the running game enough.This is a rivalry game so anything can happen.Boo beavers.Im might go watch the game with my girlfriend cept she's a beaver fan so i have to stay semi neutral.Anyone else gonna go?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
An extra week's worth of unadulterated Ducks and/or Beavers homerism...

In the words--or word, rather--of McCauley Culkin (in the movie Home Alone):

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hap said:
the funny thing is, it's not one of the worst in the pac-10 for what it offers, it's just not "big name" like the rest. Also, it's not like they "choose" to do stay or not, there isn't (sadly) a decent place to stay.

And, iirc (and someone else might know htis better than I)..wasn't OSU considered better than UO in a lot of areas (non sports wise..you know, actual important things)?

(hm..one study I found had OSU 10, UO 9..at 80 and 85 respectively...altho I think it's a sarcastic "post" that I'm referencing)
If you are talking about better in terms of # of football players caught having relations with homosexual sheep, well... then OSU is number one. :clap:

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Thanks sabas for the link. i cant believe it a player had relations with a homosexual goat.Ive heard of that in the deep south and a case last year for horses.Thats the ultimate smack repped.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
sabas4mvp said:
If you are talking about better in terms of # of football players caught having relations with homosexual sheep, well... then OSU is number one. :clap:
at least keep the smack talk real, and not fake?

drunken pranks (goat-napping a goat or sheep) isn't the same as having "relations" withthe sheep.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hap said:
at least keep the smack talk real, and not fake?

drunken pranks (goat-napping a goat or sheep) isn't the same as having "relations" withthe sheep.
Sorry for the low blow... but who knows what he did with the sheep? :banana:

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Lets clean it up and keep it about the game, and leave the sheep out of it

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think that is is obvious the ducks are the better team, but as was mentioned before without Kellen the team has made too many mistakes. However, it is also clear that Dixon/Leaf can still run the offense, not as well as Kellen, but pretty well. I expect the ducks to come out strong and never look back, I think the beavs will keep it kinda close until midway through the 3rd or so, then the ducks will really draw out the lead.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
YES! THE DUCKS ARE GONNA GO TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

C'mon.. Bennie the Beaver vs. Donald Duck. Who would you rather have on your side??

Sticking to the game, who's got the crappier FG kicker? Martinez and Serna both suck! BALLS! And and.. I hate Brady Leaf cuz he tried to steal my burrito at Baja Fresh last year! And GO DUCKS!

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
deanwoof said:
YES! THE DUCKS ARE GONNA GO TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!

C'mon.. Bennie the Beaver vs. Donald Duck. Who would you rather have on your side??

Sticking to the game, who's got the crappier FG kicker? Martinez and Serna both suck! BALLS! And and.. I hate Brady Leaf cuz he tried to steal my burrito at Baja Fresh last year! And GO DUCKS!
Martinez and Cerna are actually both very good kickers...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts