Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESPN is claiming Pax will be fired in the next 48 hrs - a casualty of the ownership change.

Please, please, please do not let Paul Allen hear about this! Outside of having once worn a Blazer uniform, I can't think of anything he would bring to the organization. :sour: :krazy: :whofarted

·
Registered
300 Posts
Gotta give him credit for unloading Shawn Kemp on us. Maybe if we had him instead of Nash we could've traded Mighty Mouse for a chair.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
The only really bad thing Paxson did was believe Boozer. Sure he got lucky with Lebron,but he also traded Miles for McGinnis which was good for his team, and traded for Drew Gooden. He really hasn't done a bad job. His draft of Jackson would have been good too IMO if he hadn't gotten hurt.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
but he also traded Miles for McGinnis which was good for his team,
I wouldnt say that it was a good trade for them to get McInnis, he is one of the main reason Cavs are in the situation they are in right now. He fell out of good graces with Paul Silas and ended up on the bench and has done the same with interim Brendan Malone.....McInnis is a scrub, and I dont care what kind of numbers he has.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Something I'd love to see but admittedly don't have enough interest to put in the time -- a comparison of moves made by several GMs over the last, say, two or three years. Include Nash, Paxson, Greg Pop., Petrie and maybe two or three others of various reputations, take into account their individual marching orders, and wouldn't it be fun to see how they all stack up at the end? Maybe it'd be along the lines of general public perception. However, I'm guessing that public perception doesn't do a very good job of cutting slack for guys who've been told to, for example, cut the payroll.

I guess part of my point is that I think it's harder to know a good coach from a bad coach than some of us think it is. Is Jackson a good coach? He's won a lot but he's also had two of the best players in the league most of his time in coaching. Is Cheeks? Probably not but with the idiot players and thin and/or unbalanced rosters he's had to work with, I think it's still a little hard to tell. I'm guessing that it's at least as hard to tell a good GM from a bad one or, perhaps the very best and worst stand out but what about all the rest? And what are the best perspectives to take when judging their performances?

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
hasoos said:
Nash is probably next. My guess is Pritchard will be GM by the draft.
This would make sense since he is going to know what Portland needs really are after his coaching gig is up. I am hoping to move up one more spot to number four and I really like Portland chances. This team is playing just good enough to stay in games, just not good enough to win, which is going to help in getting to that fourth pick! :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts