Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from St. Louis seeing my Illini lose.. I'm not in the mood and I doubt I will be ever again.. :curse: :cry: :curse:

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I feel the same way. I wasn't at the game, but I'm 99.9% sure I'm going there next year and it sucked to see such an awesome season end in disappointment. Still, the team deserves props for its remarkable run and record-tying season.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good effort, Great Heart, Great fight in the team.. Despite not winning the whole thing I'm proud of these kids this year.. :clap:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
You should be proud, they played very well, UNC only played a bit better. Great effort from both teams, great game.

·
Banned
662 Posts
:clap: Great Game, both teams played with so much heart, respect to all those guys, dont worry, i will never give any Laker fan hate, even if he turned out to be a Killer who used the fingers of his Kobe Hating victims as piano keys and drank there blood instead of cherry kool aid. :cannibal:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
As awesome as the Illinois guards were they simply had no answer for Sean May. Not only did he dominate, he looked like he was cruising. I had Illinois all the way but Augustine's suspect foul calls and no other help cost them the game.

Brian34Cook...you get to be disappointed but you should still be very proud of your squad. They came back from the dead and made it one hell of a game.

For me all of this Felton vs. Derron Williams talk is silly. It's Derron in a landslide. I'd consider Dee Brown over Felton from what I've seen from Felton lately. I expected more from Felton and I just didn't see "future NBA star". I expected a lot less from May but he really showed me something.

Go ahead and change your board name to Derron5Williams because we have to find a way to gte him here in Los Angeles.

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
\\ pats Brian34Cook on the back

No need to hang your head in shame, they played with alot of heart coming back from that half time defecit. They made it to be one of the most exciting NCAA championship tournament ever.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
EHL said:
Dee Brown is barely mid 2nd rounder material. :rolleyes:
Dee hasn't shown up in the second half in many games. He will be back. Congrats to the Illini though, man they played so hard and I wanted that championship for Deron Williams and Bruce Weber so bad. They showed serious guts though.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont know.. I believe Dee is gone.. I dont even know if he'd be good next year without Deron to tell ya truthfully.. Just seemed from the players in the press conference after the game Dee kinda slipped something out to me which sounds like he's gonna enter the draft.. I think he's gone.. This whole team is gone.. This is gonna be a brutal next year but they shall survive I suppose..

This team soooo deserved a National Title but so did Carolina.. Oh well..

I'll probably have to wait another 100 years when I'm 120 to see another Illinois team in a Title Game :rofl:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
EHL said:
Dee Brown is barely mid 2nd rounder material. :rolleyes:
I don't see how. He has Iverson like speed, great handles, and very good range. I get that he's 5'11" but a lot of you guys are swooning over 5'8" Nate Robinson. :rock:

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
That was kind of like the IU run back in 2002. They seemed like a team destined to win. IU had a comeback win against Duke (last minute heroics by Tom Coverdale). They got to the Final Four, and everyone doubted IU again. Killer second half dropped Oklahoma.

Oh, all that, and IU absolutely positively LOVED the three point shot. Jared Jeffries, Tom Coverdale, Donald Perry, Dane Fife, Kyle Hornsby, etc. They all shot the three. :)

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Thanks for coming out Illinois, maybe next time. :banana:

But seriously, it was an awesome game. It's the oldest saying in the book, but "live by the three, die by the three" and down the stretch the Illini certainly died by the three.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
cmd34 said:
I don't see how. He has Iverson like speed, great handles, and very good range. I get that he's 5'11" but a lot of you guys are swooning over 5'8" Nate Robinson. :rock:
Dee Brown has basically zero similarity to AI besides the fact that he's quick and small. Comparing him to Felton is an insult, and an obvious one.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
you know what B34C.....me and u could have been celebrating right now with our drinking and shyt but what happened.....luther head missing 4 shots at the end of the game when 1/2 of those 3s mind you were WIDE OPEN...and on top of taking 30 3s as well...remind you guys of a team that rhymes with the Fakers :biggrin:

over all they had the game but gave it away.....but nice season for the illini but you do know that no one in that locker room is satisfied without a championship.....so i really cant be satisfied either....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts