Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>Blazer Freak</b>!
Going Bold here..Literally..

LSU 10

OSU 14

BFreak.
Wow, opening drive, the Beavs confidently marched down the field for the TD. :clap:

Looks like this will be a game after all. :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!


Wow, opening drive, the Beavs confidently marched down the field for the TD. :clap:

Looks like this will be a game after all. :yes:
Wow! This game has had a bit of everything!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,649 Posts
GO BEAVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,714 Posts
Wow, sucks to lose a game like that, but did you think that the Beavers really had a chance? :nonono:

That would have been a huge win for Oregon State! :(

Now we will have to listen to how LSU almost let one get away, instead of how an unranked team gave them all they could handle. :upset:
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!
Now we will have to listen to how LSU almost let one get away, instead of how an unranked team gave them all they could handle. :upset:
I'm more worried about hearing stupid Duck fans talking smack, as tho the Ducks would've done better in the situation.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhhhh.......circle around, children....dim the lights, and let me share with you about legends of witchcraft and voodoo that still reside in dat dere Baton Rouge.

I'm tellin' ya, it's real. MUWHAHAHHHAHA! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,714 Posts
OSU gave them all that they could handle and that is all I have to say about that. Duck fans have to be upset too. When you take a team like LSU into overtime and don't go for the knockout punch you have to place blame on Riley.

Oh well, there is always the USC game! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW, isn't it interested that the SEC refs were quickly able to spot those two OSU holds (the last one, extremely questionable), but couldn't spot the LSU QB's fumble when they were RIGHT next to him??

Hmmmmmm...........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
BTW, isn't it interested that the SEC refs were quickly able to spot those two OSU holds (the last one, extremely questionable), but couldn't spot the LSU QB's fumble when they were RIGHT next to him??

Hmmmmmm...........
Or how they didnt notice that hold by LSU's defense when the Beavers had the ball in OT...BUT, missing 3 extra points is inexcusable... we gave them that game!! I havent been this upset about a sporting event since the Blazers gave up that playoff game in the 4th quarter to the Lakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,254 Posts
No one would even know who Serna is if he had just made one of those kicks in regulation. He'd just be another forgettable college kicker.

I'll remember his name for a while, and I'm not even a huge college football fan.

Serna!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,714 Posts

OSU kicker Alexis Serna reacts after missing his third extra-point kick Saturday vs. LSU. Hmmmm maybe number 13 isn't that lucky after all? :grinning:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,714 Posts
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) -- LSU got lucky, and Nick Saban knew it.

"We've got a lot of work to do as a team," the Tigers' coach said. "I think everyone knows that."

Oregon State's Alexis Serna missed three extra points Saturday night, including one that would have forced a second overtime, and (No. 3 ESPN/USA Today, No. 4 AP) LSU escaped with a 22-21 victory over the Beavers in the season opener.
Even with the loss you have to give it to Oregon State, they could have played Temple and most likely walked away with a win, but they chose to play the defending Co-National Champions in their own home "Death Valley" and gave them everything that they could handle. I would think that this should give them something to build on since the rest of the nation didn't give them a snowballs chance in hell to even compete in this game.

Beavers should have a good season!:yes:

ESPN
 

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!


I'm more worried about hearing stupid Duck fans talking smack, as tho the Ducks would've done better in the situation.

I don't know about the "stupid" Duck fans, but the rest of us feel sorry for you. That is an unbelievable way to lose any game, let alone lose the chance at a major upset.


Of course, come the Civil War Game and all bets are off! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Oldmangrouch</b>!



I don't know about the "stupid" Duck fans, but the rest of us feel sorry for you. That is an unbelievable way to lose any game, let alone lose the chance at a major upset.


Of course, come the Civil War Game and all bets are off! :p
Very well put, I think that most Oregon and Oregon State fans root for one another, that is......until the Civil War Game. That win would have not only been huge for the Oregon State Beavers, it would have been huge for the Pac 10 in general. Maybe the ducks will fair better when the play the Sooners. :whoknows:
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top