Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Well I better break out the good ole Detroit Tigers jersey today........I hope it still fits :laugh:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Rodriguez gets $7 million this year, $8 million in 2005 and $11 million each in 2006 and 2007. The Tigers have a $13 million option for 2008 with a $3 million buyout. A portion of the money is deferred, making the contract worth less than $40 million in present day value. As expected, if Rodriguez goes on the disabled list for 35 or more days in 2004 or 2005 because of a lower spine injury, Detroit could void the rest of contract after 2005 by paying a $5 million buyout. If he goes on the DL for 35 or more days in 2006 because of a lower spine injury, the Tigers could terminate the deal by paying a $4 million buyout.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Only problem now is we only have 1 starting pitcher who really belongs in the major leagues.
Actually, if our young guys, especially Maroth and Bonderman, can improve, we could have a serious shot at winning the division (but only because it is without a doubt the worst in baseball.).

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>fear the fro</b>!
Only problem now is we only have 1 starting pitcher who really belongs in the major leagues.
Actually, if our young guys, especially Maroth and Bonderman, can improve, we could have a serious shot at winning the division (but only because it is without a doubt the worst in baseball.).
Who is that 1 starting pitcher?

I think the whole rotation minus Robertson and maybe Bonderman belongs in the major leagues.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Plus, if we add a Ron Villone and possibly trade for Washburn/Ortiz and/or Juan Cruz from the Cubs (if they get Maddux), we'll have a nice rotation with Maroth, Bonderman, Johnson, Washburn/Cruz, and Villone. Not that order, but good. Our bullpen was solid. In the weak AL Central, anything is possible.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Who is that 1 starting pitcher?
Jason Johnson, no doubt

possibly trade for Washburn/Ortiz
who do you think we could trade for those guys? or does Anaheim just want prospects?

Would Villone be better than Nate Robertson? I know nothing about Villone....
I don't think I've ever seen him pitch, but he was 6-6 with a 4.13 ERA in 19 game started last year

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>fear the fro</b>!

Jason Johnson, no doubt
Well, I disagree. Maroth is a good pitcher, as is Cornejo. These guys may not be #1 starters, but they belong in the major leagues. Bonderman has the potential to be very good and I've liked what I have seen from Robertson.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts