Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Rookie of the Year

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been a lot of talk about this topic. Pippen picked Ben Gordon at nba.com. What do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it should be okafor but they probably will pick gordon or howard (howard not so much) because their teams are winning.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jameer Nelson should recieve some consideration.

Jameer Nelson as a starter is a last year DWAYNE WADE clone (a little better actually)

Nelson (starting): 16.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 1.6 steals
Wade (last year): 16.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 1.4 steals
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
fruitcake said:
Jameer Nelson should recieve some consideration.

Jameer Nelson as a starter is a last year DWAYNE WADE clone (a little better actually)

Nelson (starting): 16.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 1.6 steals
Wade (last year): 16.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 1.4 steals
I don't think Jameer Nelson will ever be close to what Dwayne Wade is this year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Petey

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,719 Posts
fruitcake said:
Jameer Nelson should recieve some consideration.

Jameer Nelson as a starter is a last year DWAYNE WADE clone (a little better actually)

Nelson (starting): 16.3 points, 4.5 rebounds, 5.6 assists, 1.6 steals
Wade (last year): 16.2 points, 4.0 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 1.4 steals
Only 14 games. Not nearly enough to draw a comparison like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i didnt mean that jameer nelson would become a dwayne wade, i'm just saying that what he hsa done in a starting role in Orlando is remarkable
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
fruitcake said:
well i didnt mean that jameer nelson would become a dwayne wade, i'm just saying that what he hsa done in a starting role in Orlando is remarkable
Yes he has filled in well but it hasnt been a long enough time to get him rookie of the year.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
I picked Okafor.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
I definitely feel that Thorn missed a huge opportunity this summer to pick up Emeka Okafor. The Clippers wanted Shaun Livingston and were willing to trade down their pick. I think Chicago would have been willing to trade the 3 pick to NJ for a resigned K-mart, or some other package. (ie: three way deal with denver)...

Nonetheless I think that Okafor would fit this nets team like a glove, and its too bad that the Bobcats will not trade their franchise player.

I see Okafor running away with the ROY award, and having a solid career avering 20 and 12 for the next dozen seasons or so.
 

·
Yes, please.
Joined
·
16,648 Posts
hihofink said:
I definitely feel that Thorn missed a huge opportunity this summer to pick up Emeka Okafor. The Clippers wanted Shaun Livingston and were willing to trade down their pick. I think Chicago would have been willing to trade the 3 pick to NJ for a resigned K-mart, or some other package. (ie: three way deal with denver)...

Nonetheless I think that Okafor would fit this nets team like a glove, and its too bad that the Bobcats will not trade their franchise player.

I see Okafor running away with the ROY award, and having a solid career avering 20 and 12 for the next dozen seasons or so.
We make that trade and Vince never comes to New Jersey. You really want that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
At the time yes.

Now? I don't know.

Would I prefer the nets to have

Kidd
Carter
Jefferson
Collins
Krstic
+clippers pick

or

Kidd
Vaughn
Jefferson
Okafor
Krstic
+ actual cap-room potential. (assuming Thorn managed money correctly from that point)

...not really sure. I think the Clippers pick makes the first team more valuable. However, the second team is much more defensive orientated, and much more traditional.

I guess I will say, I am happy with the current team, but if thorn went the route, I would not protest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okafor Tonight: 12 points 7 rebounds 1 steal 2 blocks in 28 min
Howard Tonight: 12 points 10 rebounds 1 steal 1 block in 37 min
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i'm surprised at only 2 votes for howard
 

·
Legal Smeagol
Joined
·
30,760 Posts
Put Howard next to Okafor and he doesn't win out. Okafor's just meant more to his team. Other guys get votes because they're playing different positions and doing different things, which allows people to vote for them and not feel bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if howard was drafted by Charlotte, we would be saying that Howard would win it and not Emeka....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sporting News: Rookie of the Year should go to Gordon

But give the award to Gordon, who will turn 22 on April 4. Throw out standard comparisons. What matters is that the Bulls have become a dangerous team, one likely headed for the playoffs, and it's because of Gordon. Sure, there is a list of reasons for the Bulls' success -- the young core, production from veterans, Scott Skiles' coaching -- but none is more important than Gordon, who brings a late-game confidence young teams usually lack. Already, Gordon has led the Bulls to 12 wins with double-digit fourth quarter scoring. That's 12 wins the Bulls might not have gotten otherwise -- 12 wins that have them in the thick of the Eastern Conference playoff race. Perhaps they could have won those games without Gordon. Of course, no one would have predicted such a thing -- but then, predictions can be difficult.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rookieoftheyearshouldgot&prov=tsn&type=lgns
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top