Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lux Tax Avoider
5,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the collective board brain,

Which NBA players do you think will be hitting a ton of threes over the last 3+ weeks of the season?

Important note -- think obscure. I'm in a very competitive 13-team, 15-player league. All of the obvious names -- Raja Bell, Vlad Radmanovic, Jumaine Jones, Greg Buckner, James Posey, and even the execrable Tim Thomas are already spoken for. I'm talking about the Monta Ellises and Martell Websters of the world.

The first-place team in this league has things sewn up, and I'm frozen in six categories, but I could conceivably make a run up to second if I can get my team hot from downtown.

Any ideas?

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
ScottMay said:

Which NBA players do you think will be hitting a ton of threes over the last 3+ weeks of the season?

Important note -- think obscure. I'm in a very competitive 13-team, 15-player league. All of the obvious names -- Raja Bell, Vlad Radmanovic, Jumaine Jones, Greg Buckner, James Posey, and even the execrable Tim Thomas are already spoken for. I'm talking about the Monta Ellises and Martell Websters of the world.

The first-place team in this league has things sewn up, and I'm frozen in six categories, but I could conceivably make a run up to second if I can get my team hot from downtown.

Any ideas?
I picked up Raymond Felton and Antoine Walker off the waivers to help me in 3s.

Damon Jones is still shooting about 4 per game.

Luther Head has started the last five games for the Rocket and is shooting about 3 treys per game. Look for that number to increase if McGrady misses more time.

Earl Watson is getting a lot more burn and is attempting a lot more shots in Seattle.

Outside of Felton, the guy I like next best is Chucky Atkins. The guy has been playing out of his mind over the last 20 games and is probably averaging about 5 3-pt attempts per game over that span, and might be better if you don't need the assists, rebounds or steals.

·
Old-Timer
2,618 Posts
ScottMay said:

Any ideas?
Bobby Jackson? He's been lighting it up the last month or so from 3-point range (and he's available in one of the two leagues I'm in, for what that's worth)

Charlie Bell, somewhat surprisingly, has been hot the last month or so as well (and is getting 25-30 mins/game in that same span)

Matt Bonner is another.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Rasual Butler went 7-9 from three the other day. 2-6 tonight.

Butler is now starting for the injured Des Mason, although I'm not sure how long he's out. Seems like he'll get a lot of opportunities to launch.

Don't know if he falls into the category of the Monta Ellises and Martell Websters but then I'm not sure which players, other than those two, would fit that category.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.