Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nba.com/games/20051113/SEATOR/boxscore.html

hey, Mike James shot 14-21, 6-10 3-pt, for a career high 36 pts :) Good to see a former Rox make a good account of himself on another team.

There are so many of them - Francis is playing well with Cato... Mo Taylor in New York, Nachbar at Hornets, Jim Jackson at Suns, Padgett shooting well in New Jersey, Eddie Griffin effective off the bench for Minnesota, Mobley playing well with with a rejuvenated Sam Cassell at Clippers... I miss those guys sometimes :) But I just worry, at the high player turnover rate we're going we're gonna have half the league who are former Rox players who'll have a chip on their shoulder whenever they play us :)

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Great to see Mike James light it up out there - they still lost though!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hakeem said:
Why did we trade James for Alston, again?

there he goes again, another career high tonite 38 pts against Philly... 9 assists as well, in yet another loss... Toronto are 0-8, jeez... I just hope Alston can lift his game like Mike has...

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Great to see Mike James light it up out there - they still lost though!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Why does Alston suck?! Those clutch baskets off the break against Minnesota were crucial for the win...

Mike James contributed much for the team though. It's hard to see who is better.

Though Alston is "Skip to My Lou". :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
Mike James has outscored TMac and Alston combined, but I wouldnt consider him better than either.

I think as a unit, the Rockets haven't clicked yet. I'm not so worried considering how TMac was injured for three of the 7 games we've played so far. One could argue that with that 3 game swing, we could potentially have a record of 6-1 instead of 3-4. Fact of the matter is, its impossible to say because its just too early in the season.

Things I want to see:

1. Alston penetrate with the ball more. We saw in the latter half of the Minnesota game how penetration can help to create easier shots for everyone else. Unfortunately, our current system discourages this in favor of creating floor space for Yao in the post.

2. TMac penetrate with the ball more. I want to see more screens set for McGrady and I want to see McGrady actually take the screen. He seems to move too early, before the screen is set and often opts for the side opposite of the screen. Anytime Yao sets a pick for McGrady, we create a severe matchup problem for the opposition.

3. Make a move for Spreewell. I think he's learned his lesson, and we obviously need someone else who can create a shot for themselves. Bringing him off the bench for 25-28 minutes a game should provide a valuable offensive spark. We need his energy and this also allows us to play McGrady at his more natural position at the 2, enabling him to take full advantage of his size and length.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sprewell learning a lesson?? As long as Mcgrady is healthy we dont need Sprewell. yeah he will probably be better than anything be have now at sf (bowen, da) but van gundy has moved past his new york phase.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Spreweel comes at an expensive package.

If they can get him for the minimum salary, then it's very well, because Sprewell can provide some valuable minutes off the bench, and he can shoot 3's very well. :)

T-Mac needs more screens. They need to free up McGrady for some open 3's...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts