Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
I didn't realize Shirley had caught on with Phoenix. So last seasons "ABA scrubs" are now playing with Phoenix (Shirley), San Antonio (Linton Johnson), and Detroit (Ronald Dupree)? What was Pax thinking, bringing in those losers?!

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wynn said:
I didn't realize Shirley had caught on with Phoenix. So last seasons "ABA scrubs" are now playing with Phoenix (Shirley), San Antonio (Linton Johnson), and Detroit (Ronald Dupree)? What was Pax thinking, bringing in those losers?!
Easy, Wynn. They were taking away all those valuable minutes from ERob! Oh, the injustice! I just can't stand it.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Wynn said:
Oh nice work bringing that up, baiter!

As soon as Dupe or LJ3 has a good defensive game in the playoffs, all the Paxson "dis-likers" will be all over him screaming "I can't believe you let our defensive SG leave for nothing!"

Same thing with Shirley, as soon as he hits 2 or 3 outside jumpers- "Dammit Pax, I can't believe you let our outside-shooting PF leave for nothing!"

Dammit Pax!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
On a further tangent, because this is how my brain works, Tom Gugliotta has the worst tattoo in the NBA. The barbed wire on the bicep is bad enough to put him in the running; the fact that it is the dreaded “I thought I could get away with not having it complete the circumference of my arm” type puts him over the top. It is like wearing a tie that is not only ugly, but is a clip-on to boot. Ugly is at least forgivable; the clip-on aspect makes it reprehensible.

hilarious!

:laugh:

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
For those not familiar with my appearance, I may be, with the exception of Kirk Hinrich, the whitest player in the NBA, and was not keen on ruining the rest of the road trip with a blistering sunburn. (Upon further review, it would appear that my sunscreen application skills have grown rusty. A significant trapezoidal area of my back is angry with me for allowing so many of the Miami sun’s UV rays access to it. I guess I am going to have to work on this deficiency while poolside in Phoenix.) :biggrin:

My personal highlight was probably finding out that I was at one point walking a part of the A1A which, for some reason, brought some closure to my life. When I was about 11, as my younger brothers and I would jam to Vanilla Ice on my brother Dan’s tape player, I always wondered what A1A meant. Now I know that it is a highway that flows through Miami, slowing to become a choked street in South Beach. Hooray. I'm dying.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
this is one of the funnier blogs i have read -- ever,

Anyhoo, a day off is always a good idea, in my book. If I were a slightly more conscientious basketball player, I would have used the extra time to do some weightlifting or conditioning. Since I am not, I went to the beach.

The only problem with my time in Spain was that the beach in Barcelona set the bar a bit high—because of the rampant toplessness. My compatriots in the sand today in Miami (the usuals—Mike Elliott, Erik Phillips, Aaron Nelson, Jay Gaspar—the trainers, etc. to whom I refer often) were quite impressed because we saw two girls sans bikini—in like three hours. In Spain, I became desensitized to the female form. It started to shock me to see girls with their tops on. Of course, this level of liberation has its drawbacks. Just as men see less wrong with walking around public locker rooms in the nude as they grow older, women seem to lose track of the correct age to begin covering up. It got pretty flabby out there some days.

I mean seriously. . . can he say that in an official nba blog? :clap:

KIRK HINRICH GETS A SHOUT OUT!

For those not familiar with my appearance, I may be, with the exception of Kirk Hinrich, the whitest player in the NBA. . .

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
From someone who wouldn't even crack Atlanta or Charlotte or Wisconsin-Milwaukee's 8 main rotation, he sure talks a lot o junk.

Then again, neither could I and I talk alot o junk too. Someone should get this cat to post on BBB.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I play for (I use the term loosely; play for/cheer for—same thing) arguably the best basketball team in the world. My responsibilities include: 1. Showing up for buses, practices, games, etc. on time. 2. Refraining from causing undue stress to anyone by misbehaving on road trips or wading into the stands to attack fans. 3. Practicing hard when given the opportunity. 4. Entering games when my team is up by an insurmountable margin and attempting to break the shots-per-minute record.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts