Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The dollar amounts have changed, but the rhetoric is still the same from the Latrell Sprewell camp a year after the shooting guard turned down a three-year, $21 million contract extension offer from the Minnesota Timberwolves. Nearly a month into the season, Sprewell, who infamously explained his rejection of Minnesota's overture by saying he had "a family to feed," is unemployed and, according to his agent, willing to sit out the season rather than play for the NBA veteran's minimum of $1.1 million. "Anyone who thinks he should play for that, that's absurd," Sprewell's representative, Bob Gist, told SI.com this week. "He might as well retire." "Latrell doesn't need the money that badly. To go from being offered $7 million to taking $1 million, that would be a slap in the face."

-SI.com
1 Million dollars buys 33,333 lbs of ground beef Sprewell!

-Petey

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
i dont understand this guy.

If i were him i would sign a 1yr contract for the minimum with any team that i could get solid minutes from.

After he proves to everyone around the league that he still has it he can sign a contract with the figures hes looking for.

The worst thing he can do at this point is sit the season out, it just shows teams that he still has an attitude problem

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thats the problem....

He DOESN"T still have it and he knows it. When he plays, he will be exposed. His game was predicated on quickness and he is getting old. He's trying to get one last bite out of the apple.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sprees present status is NOT his decision. He'll get signed when and if a team needs veteran off the bench....I anticipate that will happen somewhere around January/February...he's ego may have returned to earth orbit by that time!

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
If I was a rich ******* I'd sign him to my city league team and dominate.

Spree in city league, man that would be funny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts