Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Seawolves lost last night to FIU 83-50......Bryant beat FIU a few days ago 91-85.

Yeah....I think that we traded up.馃榾馃槈

Seriously though.....does anyone really miss the Brook? I think that these moves have worked out in AE's favor. And no more schlepping out to the Island.

Registered
Slay Bryant!!

I think we will be in the American East for about 2 to 4 years. I wanted them to go to the Patriot as we fit better academically with those schools. However I see us moving up to the Atlantic 10 within 5 years. Our new facilities and successes in this conference will elevate us to much higher levels. We have so much talent on this basketball team and Grasso is a phenomenal coach. Just wait until conference play so you can see what I am talking about.

Slay!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Slay Bryant!!

I think we will be in the American East for about 2 to 4 years. I wanted them to go to the Patriot as we fit better academically with those schools. However I see us moving up to the Atlantic 10 within 5 years. Our new facilities and successes in this conference will elevate us to much higher levels. We have so much talent on this basketball team and Grasso is a phenomenal coach. Just wait until conference play so you can see what I am talking about.

Slay!!
AmericA East.

Registered
Unfortunately SBU was very unlucky in the preseason. It started with our best player, Tykee Greene, getting an NIL deal to head to Kansas state right before the deadline, followed by our second best player, Dean Noll, a second team all Ivy transfer tearing his ACL in the preseason and our third/fourth best player, Sabry Phillips, tore his Achilles in preaseon as well.

going into this season I was thinking we could finish middle of the pack or maybe even one or two spots into the top half of the league. Now I am hoping we can win 3 or 4 games.

Registered
Slay Bryant!!

Slay!!
I wouldn鈥檛 hold my breath waiting for an A-10 invite. How many teams including URI would need to leave the A-10 before they would offer Bryant? The A-10 has two teams covering the Philadelphia market, but they certainly don鈥檛 need two teams covering the Providence market.

Registered
Slay Bryant!!

Slay!!
Dear lord.

1. It is the America East.
2. You are nowhere...and I mean NOWHERE near the PL Schools academically. Bryant is a good regional business school for undergrads. That's it. PL schools are comprehensive mini-ivies.

However, I truly do enjoy having Bryant in this league and enjoy the football fans from our days in the NEC.

If Bryant leaves the AE its due to major realignment in sports. I could see Bryant in a revamped group of North CAA schools with schools from the AE as well. I can see Bryant in the MAAC if somehow that breaks apart to top tier schools mixed with other CAA/AE schools.

That's about it.

Registered
I wouldn鈥檛 hold my breath waiting for an A-10 invite. How many teams including URI would need to leave the A-10 before they would offer Bryant? The A-10 has two teams covering the Philadelphia market, but they certainly don鈥檛 need two teams covering the Providence market.
Not only that...but the list for the A-10 is pretty much solid for next ins...and Bryant 'aint on it...and Bryant knew it when they designed their new arena.

Registered
Slay Bryant!!

Slay!!
鈥淔it better academically with the Patriot League鈥

Lmao.

Registered
Slay Bryant!!

I think we will be in the America East for about 2 to 4 years. I wanted them to go to the Patriot, as we fit better academically with those schools. However, I see us moving up to the Atlantic 10 within 5 years. Our new facilities and success in this conference will elevate us to much higher levels. We have so much talent on this basketball team, and Grasso is a phenomenal coach. Just wait until conference play so you can see what I am talking about.

Slay!!
I added commas in the appropriate places and made a couple of other grammatical adjustments. Now you can join the Patriot League.

Registered
Slay Bryant!!

Slay!!
Is this satire? lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I honestly don't feel like the success or failures of Stony Brook's athletic program depends on which conference they are in......but obviously the jump to the CAA was billed as "moving up". Whatever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts