Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the OPUS comic in Sundays Comics...the guy is holding the paper and it is the sports page and it says Blazers all in jail...hhhmmmm....i wonder what team he was talking about..LOL...atleast we got in there...i don't think the Spurs or Lakers were in a comic before:laugh:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Paxil...i knew i wasn't crazy...:laugh:

Well i can't say that...LOL

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Berke Breathed is a comic strip genius and legend...and he turned his powers upon the Blazers. This is the worst moment of my life. :cry:

What's next? Calvin & Hobbes call the team the "Jailblazers"? :sigh:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I have to admit, this one is pretty bad. :sigh:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
Berke Breathed is a comic strip genius and legend...and he turned his powers upon the Blazers. This is the worst moment of my life. :cry:

What's next? Calvin & Hobbes call the team the "Jailblazers"? :sigh:
How about a little trivia?

Opus is drawn by Berkeley Breathed . . . who is the SAME GUY who did the illustration for Paul Allen's CD "Grown Men" so Breathed must have some kind of relationship with Paul Allen . . . wonder if they're still friends???

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!

How about a little trivia?

Opus is drawn by Berkeley Breathed . . . who is the SAME GUY who did the illustration for Paul Allen's CD "Grown Men" so Breathed must have some kind of relationship with Paul Allen . . . wonder if they're still friends???
Cool. Thanks for the info. And here it is!

A blurb about it:

Billionaire Paul Allen Rocks: Actually, it really does rock. It's actual music, full of tasty guitar licks (That figures. Allen is a big Hendrix fan and it shows)...Definitely not boy band stuff, which is probably why the band is called Grown Men. You could safely characterize it as Garage Pink Floyd. Too bad that it probably won't get any airplay. Being that Paul is a billionaire and that he's one of the few people putting out tunes that happens to be the multibillionaire owner of a cable conglomerate (Actually, I'm pretty sure that he's the only one...) why doesn't he start his own MTV? Can you imagine a music station that showcased virtuoso guitar acts, even occasionally, say three hours a week? Steve Vai, John McLaughlin, Stanley Jordan and Victor Wooten would all thank you...I actually emailed him about this twice, yet so far he's totally ignored my advice! And I'm shocked, totally shocked...Something else cool about the album: The cover is drawn by legendary cartoonist Berke Breathed...! (Imagine: A Billionaire with good taste...)

http://www.majic12.com/archive.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts