Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I agree.

If I HAD to pick a favorite, it would be the one for NFL itself:
"The sun'll come out tomorrow..." "As of tomorrow we will all be undefeated".

I thought most were very blah. I suppose the Bud Lite one with
the dog was mildly humorous...still...they have done much better in the past.

The opening, half time...all I can say is thank goodness for fast forward! What a ridiculous circus. The sport itself has been lost. :no:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
The Bud Horse (flatulating)

The Clydesdale donkey

The old folks fighing for the Lays

The Jimi Hendrix (Pepsi)

The 2 retrieving dogs (Bud Light)

Yeah, basically....... :sleep:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Terrible, terrible crop of commercials.

Absolutely no creativity. It seems like companies now go for lowest-common-denominator humour instead of trying to think up really clever, subtle ads.

"Hey, a lot of people will laugh at two old people fighting over chips. Old people don't fight! That's the brilliance of it!"

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
Janet's little "accident" with Timberlake? Completely planned. I don't give a rip what they say. Pathetic and classless joke if you ask me.
They are trying to spin that it was a wardrobe problem... but what exactly was he supposively hoping would happen when he pulled on her top in a song where he lyricly promises to take her clothes off? Planned and patheticly desperate to be relavant again is the way I see it too.

STOMP

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
I was at my friend's place watching the game on High Def Widescreen (it's amazing what you can get off a pair of rabbit ears. No joke, off of rabbit ears and getting a High Definition picture) and the only commercial that we really enjoyed was the McDonald's add right before the game started. The guy who put his burger wrapper into the dryer instead of the softening sheet. That was by no means a classic, but it was the best of the day.

Super Bowl ads hit their peak 10-12 years ago and have been falling in quality ever since.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I liked the Clydesdale / Donkey one mostly because it reminded me of a Jack Handy - Deep Thoughts skit from SNL. But overall... WEAK!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I've never realy looked forward to Superbowl commercials, but I at least expect them to be decent, meaning I can watch them for the 30 seconds they last. But, most of those commercials I just simply don't want to see anymore, because they are really poor attempts at re-creating the great Super Bowl commercials.

Even if there was great commercials at the Super Bowl, commercials are still commercials.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tblazrdude</b>!
you know why? companies are holding out for the Friends series finale, which will have higher ratings and more expensive spots.
Higher than the Superbowl? I find that hard to believe. If it is, then I guess I'm too much of a sports fanatic to realize there are more entertaining things to watch. Oh well...

·
Registered
519 Posts
oh yeah...

Janet's little "accident" with Timberlake?
I would rather see Janets naked top.:love:
then the streaker...:laugh: THANK GOD they didn't show it during the game..but i did see it on the news here...and eewwww is all i can say...:laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Originally posted by <b>D-Up</b>!

Higher than the Superbowl? I find that hard to believe. If it is, then I guess I'm too much of a sports fanatic to realize there are more entertaining things to watch. Oh well...
yeah, I heard that too. The final episode of Friends is going to be "superbowl-like" prices for the commercials.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
The best commercial I saw all day was *before* the game started. Something about Miss Piggy punking out Jessica Simpson just touched my funny bone!:grinning:

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tblazrdude</b>!
you know why? companies are holding out for the Friends series finale, which will have higher ratings and more expensive spots.
The friends final episode is not going to have higher ratings than the Superbowl. That is NOT going to happen.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HearToTemptYou</b>!

The friends final episode is not going to have higher ratings than the Superbowl. That is NOT going to happen.
well for some reason ad space is fetching more than the super bowl did. Don't explain it to me, explain it to the advertisers. :sleep:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
oh yeah...

Janet's little "accident" with Timberlake?

Completely planned. I don't give a rip what they say.

Pathetic and classless joke if you ask me.
FYI...........

"The decision to have a costume reveal at the end of my halftime show performance was made after final rehearsals," Jackson said in a statement.

"MTV was completely unaware of it. It was not my intention that it go as far as it did. I apologize to anyone offended -- including the audience, MTV, CBS and the NFL."
As you thought........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts