#4 ·
I already watched the game on play station this morning! :D

New England - 17
Carolina - 24

#5 ·
New England- 20

Carolina- 10

#10 ·
Originally posted by <b><< SkipToMyLou >></b>!
Theres no way that New England is going to lose this game. The Panthers are just happy to be in the Super Bowl. The Patriots wont be happy until they win it.
Well, you could use the inverse argument: Carolina will be hungrier, because they've not won a Super Bowl, while New England has.

Personally, I don't generally believe in either side. No one's ever "just happy to be there," because everyone realizes it could be the last chance of their careers (Marino getting there as a sophomore, losing, saying "I'm sure there will be many more chances," and never returning to the Super Bowl has provided a stark example of that).

Both sides will be desperate to win, in my opinion.

I think New England is the better team, so I'll pick them narrowly, 21-17.

But I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Carolina win. Carolina has been massively underrated. Their defense is equal to New England's, as is their special teams. New England is a little better on offense.

But little differences can be swept aside by random variation in any single game.

#11 ·
I can not wait for the commercials.... better than the game :banana:

just my :twocents: I always root for the underdog, if the Steelers or Seahwaks are not playing... and want the Panthers to win. But I expect the Patriots to run ragged in the 4th and pull out a 31-17 win

#13 ·
WARNING - OFF TOPIC

As I sit in my living room in front of the fire, with a dog on either side of me, watching the Super Bowl in HDTV... I am reminded of what could of been.

The TV truck doing the Super Bowl for CBS in HDTV is the truck Paul Allen built for Blazers Broadcasting to produce Blazers games in. That HDTV truck did many Blazer games - the first one being in Redmond, OR for a preseason Blazers/Kings game. The truck was used to produce Seahawks Preseason games, Blazers, did a couple of Portland Fire Games and was available for anyone to hire that wanted to produce a game, concert, or any type of TV show in HDTV.

When Paul Allen's so-called "consultants" came in and decided to cut the Blazers staff and look at Paul's other businesses, they decided to sell the HDTV truck at about a 50% loss on what it cost to build it. That truck would have been a money maker (something Paul Allen's businesses don't do with the exception of Microsoft). The truck did the Master's, CBS' NFL Football coverage for their A team, it will do the Daytona 500 and numerous other major sporting events. It would have made plenty of money... and shows that in this case (and many others in my opinion) Paul Allen's consultants DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.

So, as I watch the Super Bowl today, I think of what might have been for the Blazers and Paul Allen from a broadcasting perspective. And, a smile comes to my face knowing that one of those employees that was laid off in a very unprofessional manner (once again, in my opinion) is the engineer on the HDTV truck producing the Super Bowl. Dang, the pictures sure do look awesome in HD and Paul if you are watching - you have another notch in that very jagged belt of bad business decisions. You must be proud!

#14 ·
hey whos the dark hottie cheerleader for he panthers!!:drool:

#15 ·
Re: WARNING - OFF TOPIC

Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!

...a smile comes to my face knowing that one of those employees that was laid off in a very unprofessional manner (once again, in my opinion) is the engineer on the HDTV truck producing the Super Bowl...
If memory serves, I had the enjoyable opportunity to spend some time chatting and getting to know said individual at a certain Blazers/Pistons game. :yes:

That is cool, Gym Rat, and my best goes out to him. :cool:

#16 ·
Re: Re: WARNING - OFF TOPIC

Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

If memory serves, I had the enjoyable opportunity to spend some time chatting and getting to know said individual at a certain Blazers/Pistons game. :yes:

That is cool, Gym Rat, and my best goes out to him. :cool:
Yes, you did get to meet him then. This time, the good guy wins.

Can you believe this game? The last couple of minutes of the first half is an offensive EXPLOSION!

#18 ·
Originally posted by <b>Vinsanity</b>!
i hope the Panthers win, its 7-7 halftime
did I slide into another universe or something? Isn't it 14-10 at half?

#22 ·
Well i always vote for the under dog..and they failed me...:laugh:

Congrats to The Pats

It was a close game

#23 ·
John Fox cost the Panthers the game with his foolish decision-making on two-point conversions. If he doesn't make the initial silly choice to go for two, and if the other scores ended up happening, it would have been tied after Vinateri's field goal.

Of course, John Kasay's kick-off out of bounds pretty much sealed the Panthers' fate.

Still, great game. Just as close as I thought, but not as low-scoring.

#24 ·
Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!
John Fox cost the Panthers the game with his foolish decision-making on two-point conversions. If he doesn't make the initial silly choice to go for two, and if the other scores ended up happening, it would have been tied after Vinateri's field goal.
Exactly.

It continues to amaze me how often coaches go for 2 when they shouldn't. With 20+ minutes of football, literally anything an happen. Going for 2 is flat out stupid in that situation.

Dude should be fired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.