Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Heat/Pistons game last night. A game that has playoff like atmosphere all around it. And the crowd and the way they supported there team was amazing. I've been to the Gund/Q and of course our team isnt like the Pistons, we arent 53-14. But even on a defense of stop and 3-pointer they crowd was going crazy.

As much as I hate the pistons, it was hard for me to sit in the stands and be a fair weather fan, not cheering for either team. But as time went on, I noticed that Homecourt advantage means alot more than just one game more at home than the opposing team.

They were loud and crazy and this was only game #67, I can only hope that the Q will be like this, and even more when the Cavaliers play in their first playoff game in over 6 years. I just thought this topic had to be made, because of rescent talk about our fans. These fans are in the game no matter what, winning/losing defensive stop or just a layup made.

I really hope the Q can turn itself into one scary place to play, Of course a winning team always brings a positive and loud crowd.

Just thought I'd toss in my two cents, considering it was my first time at the Palace, and I've been at plents Cavaliers games. And without a doubt noticed a difference.

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Detroit has a basketball tradition which the Cavalier have lost since the Wilkens years and high ticket prices force a lot of die hard fans away from the games. Hopefully with more wins more knowleadgeable fans will want to come and as a whole the crowd will get better.

Winning makes everything better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.