Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is it that JR Smith is one hell of a talent? The man is averaging 15 points a game for the month of March and is averaging about 14.5 ppg since Febuary. Not a very good 3 point shooter but has a decent jump shot. Josh Smith and JR Smith are gonna be some very special players, but it looks like JR is going to be the better scorer. I think JR Smith has the talent to be just as good as Kobe Bryant. I wish the kid would get some more media attention.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Josh Smith is not as good as I used to think he would be, but J.R. Smith is a star in the making it looks like.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheATLien said:
Josh Smith is not as good as I used to think he would be, but J.R. Smith is a star in the making it looks like.
Its just nuts how, the high school kids from this year and last years, are light years more prepared for the NBA then the High School kids drafted before them. And you got it right that J.R. Smith is a star in the making, someone would have to be blind to not see the talent and potential.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
I said we should have traded our picks for the Jazz's 3, and said we should have got JR Smith with one of them. I got flamed. What the heck. I think everyone owes me an apology...... I'm waiting....

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
sloth said:
I said we should have traded our picks for the Jazz's 3, and said we should have got JR Smith with one of them. I got flamed. What the heck. I think everyone owes me an apology...... I'm waiting....
Don't hold your breath waiting, I'm pretty sure most people here will tell you that they are quite happy with Mr. Gordon and Mr. Deng.

You never know, if ATL wants Eddy he and JR might be teammates in a few months.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
bullsville said:
Don't hold your breath waiting, I'm pretty sure most people here will tell you that they are quite happy with Mr. Gordon and Mr. Deng.

You never know, if ATL wants Eddy he and JR might be teammates in a few months.
j.r. plays for the hornets.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
sloth said:
Ok, it's hard to detect sarcasm on a message board. If you're serious, give me some of what you're smoking brotha

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
dkg1 said:
Ok, it's hard to detect sarcasm on a message board. If you're serious, give me some of what you're smoking brotha
Dude, I'm pretty damned sure he's not being sarcastic.

I'm sure you are familiar with sloth's basketball acumen and what impresses him in a player, how can you be surprised that he would prefer an incredible dunker to a pair of solid, fundamentally sound, winning players?

It really surprises me that you are surprised.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
bullsville said:

I'm sure you are familiar with sloth's basketball acumen and what impresses him in a player, how can you be surprised that he would prefer an incredible dunker to a pair of solid, fundamentally sound, winning players?

It's really hard to sift through and tell what is BS and what is for real on this board anymore.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
bullsville said:

i'm not saying that I would rather have J.R. Smith then Luol Deng and Ben Gordon. When I made the post back before the draft, people said that J.R. Smith wasn't a good player, has a poor work ethic blah blah blah. And for your information JR Smith isn't just an incredible dunker, that is Josh Smith. J.R. Smith not only is an incredible dunker, but also has good NBA range. He is very athletic, and tries hard.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
sloth said:
i'm not saying that I would rather have J.R. Smith then Luol Deng and Ben Gordon. When I made the post back before the draft, people said that J.R. Smith wasn't a good player, has a poor work ethic blah blah blah. And for your information JR Smith isn't just an incredible dunker, that is Josh Smith. J.R. Smith not only is an incredible dunker, but also has good NBA range. He is very athletic, and tries hard.
Whatever, but why would we want to have traded Gordon and Deng for either one of them? That's what you proposed, and it seems like a pretty bad trade to me.

Maybe I am missing something?

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
bullsville said:
Whatever, but why would we want to have traded Gordon and Deng for either one of them? That's what you proposed, and it seems like a pretty bad trade to me.

Maybe I am missing something?
at the time of the draft we were discussing 2 possible trades. It was Tyson Chandler for the Celtics 3 picks, and the #3 pick for the Jazz's 3 picks.

I will look for my exact trades that I did, and bring up some user responses.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts