Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Will you check out a Portland Reign game next season?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Who is the Portland Reign?

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I was just thinking that Portland might be getting an ABA team; I passed over the thread talking about it, because I thought that they were just thinking about Portland as a possible site for expansion.

So, The Portland Reign is expected to begin its season in mid-November? Wow, that was fast wasn't it? Didn't it take Portland longer to land an ABL or WNBA team?

The team will fill out its 10-player roster with an expansion draft and tryout sessions, the first of which will be in April.

Mary Liss (a local sports agent) said she has discussed using either Memorial Coliseum or the Chiles Center at the University of Portland as the team's home site. Tickets will cost $5-$10, with the season expected to run from mid-November through March.

So I guess that this means the return of Rodzila to a arena here in Portland huh?

For the amount of a ticket, I might just have to see what this ABA is all about. I'm sure that it is nothing more than a NBA summer league, with older players that couldn't or can't make an NBA team. Heck, many some of us should try out, I myself have an ugly brick that I can put up from almost anywhere on the court!

Oregonlive.com

THE TIJUANA DIABLOS
Tijuana, México

THE FRESNO HEATWAVE
Fresno, California

THE LONG BEACH JAM
Long Beach, California

THE LAS VEGAS RATTLERS
Las Vegas, Nevada

THE KANSAS CITY KNIGHTS
Kansas City, MO
(something tells me that the Knight have logo envy) :laugh:

THE GALLOS DE PELEA
Ciudad Juárez, México

THE JERSEY SQUIRES
Trenton, New Jersey

Interesting stuff for such a small league. Might be worth catching a game next season. Heck, I could afford a courtside seat to a game in this league and not feel like I spent to much money for a whole lot of nothing. :grinning:

American Basketball Association website

1 - 5 of 5 Posts