Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ranking of the top 25 toughest places to play college football. The ONLY fcs team on the list. Once our basketball arena is done that will be on the basketball list.

Who is that listed right between the Washington Huskies and the Oregon Ducks? That'r right! You guessed it - it's Stony Brooks own ------

22. Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium, New York: Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium is the largest outdoor facility in Suffolk County, and it is usually filled to capacity on football gamedays. The Stony Brook Seawolves instantly became Long Island's top-drawing football team when Hofstra dropped football from its program in 2008.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/college-footballs-top-25-toughest-places-play-204600964--ncaaf.html

Seems like our teams the past several months cannot avoid rubbing elbows with the SEC and Big East, Big Ten's and Pac 12's of the world. Any way you want to spin it we are BIG TIME BABY! With a capital B!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
wow.... Imagine where we would be if our P.O.S. AD actually did something besides tweet. Fiore needs to do better.(please note the sarcasm)

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is an impressive list of schools considering most of them are SEC ACC and Big 10, but considering the source who came up with the list a self admitted life time Stony Brook fan I would take it with a grain of salt. But regardless still nice to mentioned with the big boys.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
LOL...I was looking at the article, the list, everything and I was thinking this doesn't make a whole lot of sense...until you see who the auther is:

Eric Holden, a Long Island resident, is a lifelong Stony Brook Seawolves football fan. Follow him on Twitter @ericholden.

Now it makes sense...he's on the "yahoo contributor network"...which basically any of us can be on if we so desire.

Pretty sure the atmospheres at Texas, Nebraska, USC, Arkansas, etc may also be better than Stony Brook, but hey, who knows...LOL.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
List of Celebrities Most Likely to Marry Kate Upton

3. Derek Jeter
2. Mark Sanchez
1. CCD494

-list curated by CCD494

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's an 8,000 seat stadium... come on now - it's nowhere near in the same realm of atmosphere, intimidation, or feeling of the others. There are FCS schools who fill stadiums that seat 25,000 and more; that are far more deserving of inclusion than this homer did for Stony Brook.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I was reading the article yesterday. I was in disbelief. I was like what the hell is this psycho doing placing Stony Brook #22... After reading the last sentence I was like OK, NOW IT makes sense. But it still embarrassing to make up such a list knowing that SBU is far from being in the top 25 stadiums

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Once our basketball arena is done that will be on the basketball list.

Actually, he probably already has the list and here is what I think it might look like:

1. Cameron Indoor Stadium - Duke
2. Assembly Hall - Indiana
3. Allen Fieldhouse - Kansas
4. Rupp Arena - Kentucky
5. Smith Center - North Carolina
6. Carrier Dome - Syracuse
7. Mackey Arena - Purdue
8. Breslin Center - Michigan State
9. Peterson Events Center - Pitt
10. Hinkle Field House - Butler
11. The Pit - New Mexico
12. Gallagher-Iba Arena - OK State
13. Pauley Pavilion - UCLA
14. Stony Brook Arena - Stony Brook
15. Williams Arena - Minnesota
16. Bud Walton Arena - Arkansas
17. KFC YUM! Center - Louisville
18. Crisler Arena - Michigan
19. The Palestra - Penn
20. Kohl Center - Wisconsin
21. O'Connell Center - Florida
22. RBC Center - NC State
23. Memorial Gymnasium - Vanderbilt
24. Mizzou Arena - Missouri
25. Erwin Center - Texas

* Next Ten: United Spirit Arena (Texas Tech), Thompson-Boling Arena (Tennessee), Knight Arena (Oregon), McKale Center (Arizona), Value City Arena (Ohio State), Littlejohn Coliseum (Clemson), Gampel Pavilion (UConn), Bramlage Coliseum (Kansas State), Alfond Arena (Maine) & Patrick Gym (Vermont)

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltySeawolf
Once our basketball arena is done that will be on the basketball list.
Salty the "World" you live in must be one happy place!!!!!!

:guitar::buddies::guitar:​

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
Ranking of the top 25 toughest places to play college football. The ONLY fcs team on the list. Once our basketball arena is done that will be on the basketball list.

Who is that listed right between the Washington Huskies and the Oregon Ducks? That'r right! You guessed it - it's Stony Brooks own ------

22. Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium, New York: Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium is the largest outdoor facility in Suffolk County, and it is usually filled to capacity on football gamedays. The Stony Brook Seawolves instantly became Long Island's top-drawing football team when Hofstra dropped football from its program in 2008.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/college-footballs-top-25-toughest-places-play-204600964--ncaaf.html

Seems like our teams the past several months cannot avoid rubbing elbows with the SEC and Big East, Big Ten's and Pac 12's of the world. Any way you want to spin it we are BIG TIME BABY! With a capital B!
Wow...talk about embarrassing...especially in light of this Eric Holden, a Long Island resident, is a lifelong Stony Brook Seawolves football fan. Follow him on Twitter @ericholden.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts