Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who live in other cities that have NBA franchises, I need your help. I am going to visit every NBA city and partake in a game, food and fun. So, if you are in a NBA city, give me some 411 on good places to eat, grab some brew and the like.

I also registered a domain for my accounts, http://www.nbaroadtrip.com. So sound off like you got a pair. ;)

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!
When you're hitting Chicago let me know.
I snuck up to Chicago awhile back. I'm coming back for the Bulls/Hawks game later in the season.

Last time I was up, I stayed at the Allerton Crown Plaza up on the 18th floor, but wrong side of the hotel for a view. Heh.

Ate at Pizzeria Uno and played for a bit at the ESPNZone. Topped off the night at Trader Todd's on Sheffield where we hung out with Ogre (from Revenge of the Nerds) and sang karaoke. Hit up the Bears/Vikes game the day after. 5 star trip as always.

For the Hawks/Bulls game I'm hoping to find a nicer restaurant because I plan on asking my girl to marry me. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!
For those of you who live in other cities that have NBA franchises, I need your help. I am going to visit every NBA city and partake in a game, food and fun. So, if you are in a NBA city, give me some 411 on good places to eat, grab some brew and the like.

I also registered a domain for my accounts, http://www.nbaroadtrip.com. So sound off like you got a pair. ;)
what is the budget Retro? I have done this as well, during the Bulls last championship year. Its a great experience. I can give you some tips

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I'm going to Seattle to see the Sonics in a month or so. So if any of our Bulls-Sonics fans want to sound off extry loud, I'll be listening too.:D
Do you live near/in Seattle or are you up in Chicago? I used to live in Renton and Kent, Washington back in the day.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
I live in Portland, so feel free to ask me when the time comes.

I don't drink, but I do know of a few good places... There's a great resturant near the Rose Garden (which is where the blazers play.)

Maybe you should get a big shirt that says something like "I AM RETRODREAMS!!!" in case you bump into any posters at the games you go to... heh heh heh...

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: OT: Those of you who live in other NBA cities...

Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

what is the budget Retro? I have done this as well, during the Bulls last championship year. Its a great experience. I can give you some tips
I am willing to pay whatever as long as it's quality or the experience is a must have.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Let me think about thoroughly. Ill PM you middle of next week with some ideas.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>HearToTemptYou</b>!
I live in Portland, so feel free to ask me when the time comes.

I don't drink, but I do know of a few good places... There's a great resturant near the Rose Garden (which is where the blazers play.)

Maybe you should get a big shirt that says something like "I AM RETRODREAMS!!!" in case you bump into any posters at the games you go to... heh heh heh...
I'm actually have tempted to get personalized jerseys for each NBA team with my nickname on the back of them for that very reason. ;)

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts

Do you live near/in Seattle or are you up in Chicago? I used to live in Renton and Kent, Washington back in the day.
Nope. The Pacific Northwest is one of the few places I've never ever been. I've wanted to see the Sonics since I was a kid watching Kemp and Derrick McKey, Nate Mcmillan and GP. So it looks like that may end up finally happening.

After that I'll need to make a visit to Chicago.

I'm hoping Jamal gets traded to the Sonics somehow before I go up there. That'd be terrific.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!

Nope. The Pacific Northwest is one of the few places I've never ever been. I've wanted to see the Sonics since I was a kid watching Kemp and Derrick McKey, Nate Mcmillan and GP. So it looks like that may end up finally happening.

After that I'll need to make a visit to Chicago.

I'm hoping Jamal gets traded to the Sonics somehow before I go up there. That'd be terrific.
It's a beautiful place, through and through. I hope you get to enjoy it when you finally get around to it. Just don't drop a penny off the Space Needle... for some reason, cops want to arrest you when you do that.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts

For the Hawks/Bulls game I'm hoping to find a nicer restaurant because I plan on asking my girl to marry me. What do you suggest?
Don't know your budget, but I wouldnt hit up any of the places around the arena. Somewhere along Buckhead you will find the fine dining experiences.... and I wouldnt propose at the game, cuz the whole crowd might hear u. Nobody will be there, nah j/k. I might go to the Bulls game too..... but will prolly choose a game closer to my birthday

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
Too bad the Bulls have already played in San Antonio this season:(

Maybe I will help you out next time though...;)
I'm not only going to see the Bulls. I'm going to see all teams. Although I love my Bulls, I am a fan of the game and I wouldn't do it any other way... plus they don't make enough tums to stomach paying to see the Bulls on the road. ;)

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I'm not only going to see the Bulls. I'm going to see all teams. Although I love my Bulls, I am a fan of the game and I wouldn't do it any other way... plus they don't make enough tums to stomach paying to see the Bulls on the road.
OK :cool:

I'll have to get back to you sometime and find out the best of the best we have here in SA. I'm not a drinker (age), but I do know some people I can ask for you.

I'm not too sure of exact places for you to go right now, but I do know you have to go to the River Walk while in SA :yes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.